All reviews san antonio airport hear planes front desk the spring hill suites toilet room car rental return an early flight desk area waffles courtesy shuttle separate shower rooms are modern small refrigerator indoor pool fitness center convenient location one night stay
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This location is directly across from the airport. In the early morning 6-9 am and late evening 8-12 midnight, airplanes fly over the hotel as they head to land at the airport. It sounds like they are so close that they are going to crash into the hotel but I'm happy that none did during my stay and I pray for the same in the future. So, DON'T stay here if you are paranoid about planes being too close, flying over your hotel, or have PTSD where this may trigger your symptoms. I stayed at the SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport for 13 nights. I was in San Antonio for 2 weeks because my mother was in the hospital. Everyday in the hotel was a different experience when I returned to the hotel in the late evening hours between 10 pm - midnight. For some reason, something wasn't done - my room wasn't cleaned, the trashed wasn't taken out, the towels were removed from my room but no replacement towels were left in the room, the shower and sinks were not cleaned. I had to leave notes for the room service personnel but sometimes they either didn't come in the room to see the note or they didn't comply with my request. So, not only was I under a lot of stress because my mother was very sick in the hospital but then I had to go back to my room in the midnight hours to deal with the disfunction in my room or to call the front desk and request for them to bring me towels, linen, hair dryer, or soap. Upon check-in, there was food in the refrigerator from the previous guests. One day, the TV was missing - so, the front desk attendant brought one up at about midnight. I had to request a hair dryer 3 times before they brought me a hair dryer that WORKED and that was only AFTER they told me that they didn't have anymore available and I told them that they needed to get a working hair dryer from an empty room because the hotel webpage states that hair dryers are available for customers and that was the reason that I had not brought one with me. They eventually brought one up after I had left for the day with wet hair. The shower room lights are dim and terrible for putting make-up on. The mirrors in the bathroom (separate from shower) are very small and almost useless - good luck if you want to put make-up on in there. The mirrors are probably about 12 inches wide and placed in the corner along with a corner sink. The sitting and desk area is nice and functional. The breakfast buffet does not deserve raving reviews - I skipped breakfast there - due to very limited options. The outdoor furniture is very worn and beat-up. Overall, I couldn't believe that Marriott has lowered their standards and customer support. I will not stay at this location again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Smiley T,

Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel is the SpringHill Suites Airport location and as such we are the closest hotel to the airport. The noise of the planes is to be expected based on our location. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would have loved to have spoken with you during your 13 day stay at our hotel. Please reach out to me to discuss your experience further. Again, thank you for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The room was cozy, breakfast could be improved maybe a quality check on the food bacon was hard & the eggs were soggy but at least the coffee & quiet lobby made up for it

one of the best features of the hotel i would say would be the guy in the evenings he was always ready to help from printing things (since the printer was down in the business center) to faxing & having all my questions answered, he even gave me an uber code for a free ride when there courtesy shuttle wouldn't take me where i needed to go since the shuttle only goes in a three mile radius

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank passingbyjohn
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear passingbyjohn,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay. I will review your feedback with the appropriate departments and make sure to pass on the positive comments to the staff. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you the next time your travels bring to San Antonio.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

the room and the bathroom were great. Good breakfast included in the room price

jim at the front desk was professional & always eager to help

it was really awesome that this hotel has a courtesy shuttle
fernando our driver was not only awesome! but extremely informative

will come back again

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kipytu
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear kipytu,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. The whole team here at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Airport strive to provide our guests with outstanding hotel stays and we are pleased that we did that for you. I will pass along your great compliments to both Jim and Fernando. We look forward to seeing you on your next San Antonio visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've stayed at this property for the past several months with work. Jimmy at the desk in the evenings is GREAT! Friendly and I can always know that when I ask for something it's done, no worries. Never missed getting my dry cleaning back on time.. always makes sure I'm near the elevator like I prefer. Even last minute changes are no big deal.

Keep up the good work Jimmy!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank gtrewjr
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for your great feedback! I am very glad that Jimmy takes such awesome care of you during your stays with us. I will make sure to share your wonderful compliments with him. We strive to provide our guests with a fantastic stay and am pleased that we do so for you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The staff brings this SpringHill Suites location up from 3 stars. They were abundantly friendly and helpful. Otherwise, the hotel is average. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The lobby and other interior spaces appear dated from heavy use. The parking lot is free and convenient. The requisite but miniscule exercise room and pool are included. Every room is noisy due to the busy adjacent interstate with 24 hour traffic..

The hotel is directly across from the airport entrance, so it is convenient if you are passing through. It is also adjacent to the interstate for convenient access to downtown attractions and other San Antonio sites. There are plenty of restaurants and a mall nearby, but don't attempt to walk along the busy access roads and cross streets.

Note that Google Maps sent me down an exit ramp that was beyond the hotel, forcing me to U-turn twice on the frontage roads. Make sure to exit two ramps early if travelling East.

Room tip: No recommendation. Every room is noisy!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gabe10101
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Gabe10101,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am glad that our team helped to make your stay a great one! I will be sure to pass along your comments. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to San Antonio we will see you again.