“Authentic mexican flavor ”

Cascabel Mexican Patio
Ranked #343 of 4,769 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We just had lunch there today and my torta was yum, the bread was delicious! The enmoladas have that amazing flavor of mole, and for dessert we had an empanada made of guava and cream cheese so good that I have to eat again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I had the opportunity to get away from the convention center area before heading back to the airport. I had read good reviews about this place and was particularly interested in the huitlacoche quesadilla appetizer. It was a beastly hot afternoon, but there was so much shade in the outdoor area that I decided to take advantage of the breeze and sit out there. I started with a Jamaica (hibiscus drink, non-alcoholic), refreshing and delicious and not too sweet. I ordered the huitlacoche quesadilla mentioned above, as well as a huarache with tinga, which was recommended by the waitress when I told her I wanted very flavorful. This did not disappoint. Before those two items arrived, however, I was treated to a nice little bowl of noodle soup. It was delicious, much more flavorful than the usual. Delicious and very different salsas, also arrived, a fiery red one and a sweet, mild green one. They do not serve free chips, so I tried these with my soup a little bit. The mushroom quesadilla was a little bit disappointing, more greasy than I was expecting, which masked some of the mushroom flavor. It was still delicious and very good with the salsas. The huarache was fabulous. Everything was well flavored and balanced. It was pretty to view, too.
The service was excellent, and I learned that the chef, although from Guadalajara, uses recipes from the center of the country--places like Mexico City and Guanajuato. I would come back here in an instant to keep exploring the menu. Some of the best flavors I have had since my trip to Mexico in 2014. ¡Felicidades to the staff and chef!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Few places make you feel like you are eating at your grandmother's or mom's house. Cascabel Mexican Patio is that place. It's a beautiful hidden gem near downtown, in Southtown. I can't believe I had never been. The place is small but the taste is anything but that. Everything about this place is right. The service is fantastic. The atmosphere is welcoming. The food absolutely hits the spot. I loved the patio area (inside is very small). One word of caution, take mosquito spray if it's mosquito season. Other than that, this is definitely one of my new favorite places in town - best of all, the price is more than right. Try the Pozole, it's one of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

This place had great lunch at a good price. Very authentic Mexican food, with friendly service and a nice patio to enjoy it all in. Highly recommend this place, although it is a short ride from the city center. It's worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

It doesn't look like much and it's just a small building but the patio has plenty of space. It was clean and quaint inside. We came for lunch and the chicken tacos were a hit with the kids The entrees the hubs and I ate were delicious. We ate one of every dessert and shared them - recommended. The waitress was very nice and accommodated all of our questions. They don't serve chips and salsa but the food comes out very quicky and a small delicious soup is served as an appitizer.