“Amazing servicescape and exceptional service.”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #7 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The location is perfect. It's a wonderful place for a romantic get away. The servicescape and atmoshere is amazing, from the smells to the art work and lighting. Service is great and staff is more than helpfull. Just a perfect get away spot and I would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,162)

Reviewed 13 August 2010

We got a great deal at the Hotel Valencia by checking their website. Our room was $129, plus taxes. I had done a lot of research on San Antonio Riverwalk properties and the Valencia was near the top. Things did not start off the best, as we couldn't find a place to park the car to check in at 3:00 p.m. on a Friday. My husband had to drive around the block many times, as I ran up to the second level to check in. We found out later that the Dallas Cowbay fans were in town to watch the team practice at the Alamodome. The hotel is very trendy and the lobby is dark. Upon entering the hotel, I had to go up stairs to check in at the front desk. The lighting was poor and this did not make the best impression on me. There were two staff members registering guests that afternoon and there were over ten people waiting to check in. Once I checked in, I had to go back downstairs to find my husband parked on in front. The valet suggested we take advantage of valet parking, which was over $20. At this point, we were tired and let them take our car. We did have a nicely designed room and I loved the bathroom. The towels were nice and I loved the hair/skin care products. Unfortunately, someone had taken a hot iron and dropped it on the carpeted floor in the room. The impression of the iron was left on the floor. An overstuffed, leather chair was placed in the corner. It looked so comfy. Unfortunately, someone either sat on the chair in a wet bathing suit or urinated all over the cushion of the chair, as it had been wet at one time and now totally dried. I really didn't care to sit on the chair. The room really was neat, but needed to be cared for. Perhaps that is why I got such a good deal! I would probably stay here again, but check out the deal and the room before I settled in for the night. The doormen and valet were very nice!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My brother was recently married at the Hotel Valencia. From the Valet to the house keepers I give kudos to their staff. The staff at this hotel obviously runs like a well oiled machine. The event was beautiful and created many memories for my family.
The hotel is extremely beautiful, clean, and all around pleasant. I have traveled to many different places and stayed at many different hotels but I am proud to say that the best service I received was in my home town.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

From the moment you enter, this hotel has a vibe. The dark earth tones, ambient lighting, and sound of water greet you like a balm, after the heat and unrelenting sun of San Antonio in the summer. The drop in stress level felt immediate. From check-in, to check -out ,everyone couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant and other food prices were definitely over-inflated, but there are plenty of alternatives available within walking distance. This hotel is located down a bit from the hustle and bustle of the riverwalk, but very conveniently located. The veranda at the Citrus restaurant was a great place to relax and plan our mornings. It's shaded in the mornings with a nice view, quiet, not crowded and gave us a chance to chat with Mike our waiter, who was full of information every morning and outstanding at his job. This is a place to relax, not a bright, high energy hotel. We found several places to just sit and visit with other guests and staff, and feel at home. There is no pool, so that could be a drawback for some, but over-all I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We selected this hotel instead of our regular one - the Hilton - while visiting San Antonio this time. It was 2 blocks from the Majestic Theater where we were seeing a concert.
What a pleasant surprise! We will make this our hotel from now on.

Personal service, large well appointed rooms, beautiful lobby and sitting areas around the first floor. We liked very much that guest cards were required to get to guest floors in the elevators. But ask for a room off the front street. The traffic and construction noise from the street started very early.
Room service wasn't w-a-y overpriced. But skip their bar...there's better places to get a cocktail on the RiverWalk with more personable and capable bartenders.
The valet was very helpful but do give them the 15 minutes they say it takes to bring your car around.
If you are looking for something on the RiverWalk but not in the madness of the crowds off Alamo Plaza...pick this hotel.