“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This place had been recommended by a friend. Even though it was relatively close to where I live, it was a little difficult to find, given that it is in the back of a strip that faces Broadway. Well worth looking for.
When I arrived, I became a little concerned when I saw Italian sausage coming out flat and looking a little dry on another customer's pizza. I took a chance and ordered it anyway, with onion.
The sausage was very good, the onions were perfect. They were soft and tender, not hot. The crust was perfect, crisp, not tough, but just the right amount of chewy.
I will definitely be back.
BTW, I have read some reviews of this restaurant that said the service was poor. I did not find that to be the case. The person taking my order did not rush me, was polite and the cooks and servers behind the counter were quick and friendly. The counter is a nice touch!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Great New York Style pizza, good crust and toppings. Our new favorite pizza spot. They have a $5 lunch special that includes 2 good size slices of pizza and a drink. I can see why people might complain about the service, but hey if you want New York pizza it has to be made by real New Yorkers (no offense to anyone ). They have never been rude to us just a little get to point kinda serious voice from the cashier. I got him to smile the last time we went. :)

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

On a business trip to San Antonio and saw that this pizza place had good reviews so decided to call for delivery. Well the lady who answered the phone was quick to say no! Oh well, I understand. I took Lyft to eat there. Upon entering the joint I was directed to cashier to order pizza. The guy took my order seemed like had no life in him - no smile, no hello, nothing..ordered my pizza and I was handed a paper napkin...bill was $20 for a large pizza with jalapeños, peppers and onions! Wow!

Few min later I got my pizza, which was not bad tasting but very soggy. If you like crispy crust then this is definitely not for you!
I told the lady who brought the pizza to me that I will need a box to go.. but she never brought it to me. In fact I didn't even get the plastic ware so after getting my pizza I had to go to the front and ask for fork/knife.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place unless u don't care about poor service.

1  Thank Sanjay C
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Me and my dad went here last night and it was some of the best pizza we've ever had! The price was really good and the service too. The pizza was thin and light and there was loads of toppings to choose from. I loved the way it was laid out with the dining room. If we came back
To San Antonio I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Love their pizzas! Crust is perfect, sauce flavorful and just the right amount of toppings. Have to say that my favorite thing is their cold Italian sub. Between the sauce, the quality meats and the between, it's one of the best, if not THE best I've had

1  Thank bearecub