“Early dinner on a rainy day”

Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 4,963 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Central American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fun Latin Restaurant... Great Mojito Bar and Live Orchestras on Fridays and Saturdays Brunch is offered on Sundays !!
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The sweet cornbread they serve with a creamy butter is so comforting. My husband had a Trio dish with ahi tuna, filet, and shrimp (he thoroughly enjoyed it) .... I had a seafood curry plate that included mussels, oysters, salmon, scallops, shrimp, yucca, red peppers....sooooo good. This place serves Latin dishes that are hard to find - once I can lose 5 pounds I'm going to try the paella!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Good selection on menu, and looked like all prepared well. Mine was excellent! Good and comprehensive bar. Walking distance from downtown/Riverwalk.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Guacamole started off a great visit. Definitely order this.

I had the pork chops with veggies and roasted potatoes.

Pork chops were normal. Nothing special.
The veggies and potatoes were cooked fantastic. Lots of flavor. I even ate my co-workers veggies because they were so good.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Food with a spicy flare. Be careful if you have a sensitive palate! I had a BBQ chicken salad, but even the lettuce was spicy. Prices were a bit more than expected.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived early and parked in their lot. Since they were closed, we walked & shopped a bit. When we returned to eat, my car was gone. I went into the restaurant to thank them for towing my car and they were absolutely no help. Service gets a ZERO. Food, will never know.

Rene F, Owner at Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dave:
I want to express my most sincere apologies for being affecting you in such a way, it never was our intention to act hostile to anyone nonetheless to our potential customers.
We ben having a tremendous battle with our very small and limited parking lot, with individuals that do not respect the very visible signage and continue parking arbitrarily, not leaving spaces open to our customers and affecting our business in great manner.
As I saw a car parked this morning with no customers inside the restaurant, and for the reasons I mentioned, I called the towing services, not knowing your intentions of later-on the day dining with us, of course had I know that, or had you communicate somehow with anyone inside the restaurant we would had respect your intentions and none of this would happened.

Again Dave, I am sorry for the outcome, please understand that we had no knowledge, so no wrong intentions form our end.

Sincerely