“A waiter from hell”

Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 4,916 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Central American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fun Latin Restaurant... Great Mojito Bar and Live Orchestras on Fridays and Saturdays Brunch is offered on Sundays !!
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Chose this place on Open Table as it was fairly near our hotel and the menu looked interesting but that is where the fun stopped! Our server Roy seemed a little weird when he sat us down, he gave us water after a while and took our drinks order but then seemed to forget us. After about 20 minutes we got our drinks and he took our food order. It was an hour before we got our food in an empty restaurant that was closing. When I went to pay the bill he disappeared with my card, after a long period he appeared again and when I asked to settle he brought me a different bill and seemed to have lost my card. Luckily another waiter found my card and I settled up with no tip. I think Roy was stoned and deserved the sack

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I returned to Azuca for happy hour. We loved the food and service. The happy hour menu is seven days a week from 4-7 PM. Select drinks and appetizers are $3.50. The quality is high. Don't be good by the price. The caipirinhas are great! The fish tacos rock!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Our friends go here every time they come so we wanted to try it. We were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is great. The Mojitos are wonderful and the food is good. The staff was friendly and the service was great.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

It has been 9 years since I last visited San Antonio. That is when I first visited Azuca, and in my view they were good and they only gotten better. We arrived for a late lunch and with a restaurant at least 75% full were very well taken care. The tostones with mojo are to die for, you need to try them. We ask for la parrillada mixta which was way more than at least us two can manage, they landed the chimichurri sauce very well on the grilled beef! If you are into this kind of food the black beans with white rice are a must. Very nice vibe with latin music playing on the background and very important,owners on the floor constantly looking out for patrons to have a great experience! I will definitively be back!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My husband had been to this restaurant about 13 years ago and was so impressed he had to take me there. The mojitos were amazing! So many choices. We tried mango, very berry and cucumber lime. Each one was perfect!

Along with mojitos, we had a number of appetizers. The brussel sprouts were incredible! The fish cerviche was very flavorful, but there was not a lot of fish in it. The fish tacos were good, once you got to the fish. They were served with way too much lettuce as filler. The main appetizer we went for, the garlic fried plantains. They were dry and overcooked, served in a puddle of butter.

On to dinner. My husband ordered a Seafood curry and I ordered Chilean Sea Bass. The seafood curry was mediocre at best. They used chinese crawfish and very tiny shrimp. A few clams were scattered in and mussels. They only flavor was the strong coconut curry.

The chilean sea bass was undercooked. The pecan rice it was served with was very good, but the sea bass was one of the most expensive items on the menu and I couldn't eat it.

When we called the owner over to discuss, all he did was offer us dessert.

Very disappointing experience overall.