“Ray was awesome”
Review of Acenar

Acenar
Reserve with OpenTable
Acenar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 4,979 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: St. Mary's
Transit: Yes
Description: Acenar...A culinary explosion of flavors created by restaurateur Lisa Wong ...an expression of Latino Passion and Pizzazz! This blend of authentic Mexican recipes and culinary artistic flair has created unique tastes that will ignite your senses... Savor our crab tacos, duck tinga, cabrito, four versions of tantalizing enchiladas, seafood fideo, or three-mole ossobuco. Then cool down the spice with a little ice and sip on a mescal elixir, melon mojito or Acenar's signature hand-shaken margarita. Enjoy these taste sensations in the most unique space on the River Walk - whether you choose to dine on the scenic patio or the below the linticular mural offering up a slice of Latino life... Acenar will serve up an unforgettable sensory experience. Located on Houston Street along the eastern bank of the San Antonio River Walk next to the Hotel Valencia. Acenar... Hot Mex - Cool Bar. Ignite your senses!
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Food was good, service was mixed, I was very happy with Ray. He helped out more than once despite not being our waiter, he probably ought to be the manager because there were a lot of things going on and he made everything work out. It got to a point where I and my family were asking for his name and wanting to write him into our review.

The food was ok but the drink menu had a lot of holes in it, things on the menu not available. Nothing was specially bad or good other than Ray, who really made the experience worthwhile. Promote that guy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We had dinner here as a family (me, my husband and our two boys 14 & 12) and everyone liked it. The margaritas were fantastic (on the rocks) and the tableside guac was amazing. I ate so many chips and so much guac I wasn't hungry when my enchiladas arrived - but they were really good. One son had the veggie tacos - he said they were fantastic, my husband loved his carnitas and my picky eater ordered chicken fingers off the kids menu - a success all around. A mariache band came to our table - they were very good, it added a lot of fun to the evening.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch on the patio overlooking the patio and were very satisfying. The crab tacos and short rib tacos were both fantastic!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I had the grilled fish and crab tacos. Excellent food choice. The green rice was also very delicious. The service was outstanding as well. This is a must visit place....especially if you like tacos!

Oh. And they were corn tortillas as well. Also a fav of mine.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stopped just the one night in San Antonio and chose this restaurant because its wide variety on the menu.
We were not disappointing, a fabulous meal and very friendly staff who looked after our every need.
A shame we couldn't make another visit.

Been to Acenar? Share your experiences!