“If you're looking for the best Tex-Mex, this is your place!”

The Original Blanco Cafe
Ranked #13 of 5,105 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Found this restaurant on TA, and it was a block and a half from our hotel--easy walk! We live in Texas, so we have Mexican food often, and I can honestly say this is the best I've ever had! The first morning we went for a late breakfast--breakfast is served until they close at 3 o'clock. I had Huevos Rancheros and my husband had Eggs Mexicano. Both were excellent with hand cut and fried potatoes and refried beans. Prices were extremely reasonable and service was good and quick. We noted that they had won the San Antonio best enchilada awards for many years, so we decided to come back for those the next day--the day of our departure. I can't say that I've ever had enchiladas for breakfast before, but I'm glad that I did. They were awesome! You just can't go wrong here!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My Wife and I each ordered 2 Breakfast Taco’s (4 total) and they were fantastic/huge! The Egg with Chorizo Taco was our favorite (see picture).

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The portions are HUGE and its dirt cheap and tastes delicious! We were given this tip from the Wyndham staff and I'm so glad we chatted with them cause we got to try this amazing local restaurant out.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in on our way to the Alamo. The service was quick and the food was good. We got enchiladas and tacos. The queso and salsa had just enough heat to eat 2 baskets of chips. Lol
Our waitress was super sweet and even helped us with suggestions on where and what to do while in town.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Coming to Texas since I was a kid and still the Blanco Cafe never fails to be a most amazing place. It has local atmosphere, more Hispanic patrons than anyone else, and a full fabulous meal for under $10. I keep trying all the new places and spend a lot more for a lot less. If you want glitzy, go somewhere else. If you want a good puffy taco, to die for enchiladas, and handmade tortillas- this is the place, as they say in Utah.