“Good value and location”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #23 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Good value and location”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Having never been to San Antonio previously I really didn't know what to expect from the Crockett, but I was pleased with my choice. The clerk at check-in was very cheerful and helpful, as was nearly all the staff I met. The clerk at check out was less cheerful, but then it was way too early an hour for me too! The location, right across from the Alamo is great for exploring the downtown area. Cost was very reasonable for the location, considerably less than some other hotels in the area. The room, while certainly less palatial than some others, was certainly large enough for my needs. The included breakfast was very good with eggs, fruit, cereal, waffles, yogurt, toast, pastries, etc. My only minor complaint was that the phone was not working, something I didn't discover until I didn't get my wake-up call on my final morning of my four day stay. Luckily I'd also used the radio alarm, which worked just fine.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DX2GO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The Crockett was amazing... From the Staff to the Room. It was great and cant say enough. Across from the Alamo mkes for a beautiful wake up to some breakfast and cafe.

Nice.. Would definitly stay again...again....again..

Garran (Chicago)

Room Tip: Anything near the Alamo
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend on a getaway trip and couldn't have been happier. Everyone was friendly, the location was right across from the Alamo and close to the riverwalk and the room was comfortable (the bathroom fan was quite loud however). Breakfast included eggs and waffles and was very good. For the low price we paid it was a wonderful value. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank E.M.90
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Background: I'm an airline pilot who stays at more than my share of hotels. I feel I know a great hotel, or the opposite, when I stay at one, and this was a great one! We had a three night stay over Jan 16-18th. My wife and I were unsure how the hotel was going to be, due to the low cost compared to others in the area, but when we checked-in all nervousness left us! The courteous concierge and valet gave us wonderful SERVICE from the moment we got there, and it didn't change with the shift swaps. The rooms are well kept and very CLEAN and if you get one overlooking the Alamo, that's what it'll do! You are physically across the street and you will be able to look into the Alamo courtyard and our toddler had a blast watching horse-drawn carriages pass by. Its the perfect LOCATION for touring the Alamo, the mall, Riverwalk, and exploring the city by auto because it is very easy to drive to. The BREAKFAST consisted of a great assortment of fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, waffles, cereal, and pastries! It was awesome to start the day with it.
Now for the other stuff you see on these posts:
There was a VALET FEE of 20 dollars, but that seems very typical for the area and in the end was really convenient with the toddler! The CARPET in our room was dirty, not to the eye, but will make the bottom of your socks dirty. Again, the rest of the room was spotless! Here is the real reason that you can get a wonderful hotel for a great value...there was a fatal accident in december with the service elevator, NOT THE GUEST ELEVATOR, and a maid was killed. It is unfortunate that an accident like this is detracting from the business this wonderful hotel should rightfully do. Also, being a historic hotel, some worry about HAUNTINGS. The only moans and groans we heard were the ones from our toddler when he was trying to hog the remainder of the king bed! Long story, longer: It's a great place and we will stay here again! The wife says "Ditto" and that it was her input about the socks/carpet...I probably wouldn't even have noticed.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Kayljimiam
dickinson
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My husbaand and I stayed there one night after being in Fredericksburg for 2 nights. The service at front desk was friendly. The valet person was personable and nice. It cost $20 for parking, but so does the other hotels in area. The room was pleasant and clean. We were surprised with the awesome view..we got a room on the 4th floor with a view of the Alamo gardens. We could hear the horse and carriages go by and hear the faint clippity clops of the horses. Its not fancy and new so if that's what you're looking for go to Marriott.

• Stayed January 2012