“Not what I expected”

Extend a Suites at Lackland AFB
Ranked #263 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We made reservations on-line and was surprised when we checked in. Not at all what the pictures showed. Price was right and it was really close to Lackland but the room was horrible. Sink didn't drain properly, toilet seat was broken, shower head squirted all over the bathroom and the smoke detectors were hanging by wires from the wall. we went 3 mornings for breakfast to find out, all the had was awful coffee, no juices or anything. We should have spent $5.00 more a night and went to a well known hotel chain. I suggest you check other hotels before booking here. Donna and Kent, PA.

Room Tip: anyplace but here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna H

Reviewed 17 December 2010

please don't stay here!!! I came in for my son's Air Force graduation and I thought the location was all that mattered. IT'S NOT EVEN AS CLOSE TO THE BASE AS THEY ADVERTISE! I must have forgotten that I liked my room cleaned! I went to graduation at 6am and came back at 9pm and the room was as I left it. There is no happy medium with the water in the shower-it's either very hot or very cold. They say they have a breakfast area but it has been shut down by the Dept. of Health SINCE NOVEMBER! If I could rate this a zero I would! No vending machines, no snack machines, and the pool looks like u might emerge with a full body rash!!! would i recommend this hotel to an enemy?? OH HELL NO!!!! No human being deserves this!!!! JUST GO TO THE GATEWAY INN ON BASE!!! Or even the Howard Johnson down the block...BUT DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Mighty3mpr3ss
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Do not stay at this hotel. The management will be nice and cordial over the phone, but when trying to cancel your reservation they will lie and say it is done, but then later charges will be made to your credit card.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VAtraveler43
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The "Manager" was the rudest, foul mouthed person I have ever had to deal with. The room was terrible, the air conditioning didn't work, the internet didn't work, the television didn't work. When I tried explaining this to the manager he proceeded to curse at me, " F*** YOU , you got what you paid for" . " Your a DUMB-A** and don't know how to use the television" OMG !!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank cowgirl6789
Reviewed 11 March 2010

My boyfriend and I drove to San Antonio from TN for a 5 night stay for my brother's graduation from Lackland AFB. I originally wanted to get a room at another hotel down the road, but it was full when I tried to reserve it, so last minute (and roughly the same price) caused me to reserve at the Knights Inn.
When we got there, it felt like it took about 10 minutes before someone came to help us at the check in counter. At least three people walked by (2 were employees that I know of) and said nothing to us.
I tell the guy I reserved our room (a king bed, no smoking) online and he tells me there are no king beds left, but he can give us a double full bed room for the same rate. I agreed at first. He told me that their computer was down for some reason and he needed my credit card and Driver's License to write my information down...which I'm fairly certain he left on the desk for at least 2 or 3 hours. He said to come back after a bit for our receipt.
When we came back for it, there was someone different working the desk. NOW the computer is working and he has our reservation for a different room, with a King Bed. He changed our keys, and we go to that room...only to find out that someone else had already been given that room. So we go back again to the office and tell him. He asked if we would mind staying in the double bed room and my boyfriend mentioned to him that the latch lock was broken (meaning if they "accidentally" gave us someone else's room, they could have used their key and walked right in on us). So, we got the room right next to that one...which was a King Bed. (Thought there weren't any available...)
After all that frustration, we finally settle down and when I went to take a shower, I found that the knob for the bath was broken. After a few tries, I managed to get it on and comfortable. Plus, the carpet had spots of something all over it and there were little dips in the floor. No fitted sheets either.
I would absolutely have cancelled and tried to find a room elsewhere, but I got on here while still there and reading these reviews and seeing how hard it is to get refunded your money, I couldn't afford to have two charges over $300 on my account.
I will not stay at another Knights Inn again if I can help it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple