“Strange people in the parking lot”

Extend a Suites at Lackland AFB
Ranked #297 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 11 February 2016

"You get what you pay for." The price was right and the location was perfect for a recent visit to Lackland AFB. However, if location and price are negotiable, I'd look elsewhere. The rooms were ok, but not especially clean. Everything was worn. The pool looked like something out of a horror movie. Also, there were people hanging around the parking lot all night long (and some during the day as well).

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank 20runner

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I recently moved into town and was looking for a place to stay for a week while my new house is ready so we found this dump for 200 a week for a 2 bed room with microwave and fridge we thought it was great but not a day after we found roaches then I go into the toilet at 3am to find a mouse the size of a chihuahua!! The pool is dark green with algae and dirty rooms the management is bad they don't help they just switch u to a different room which is worse dont take ur kids my niece ended up with a rash and hoodlums all around making threats never stay here!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Cvaltie4
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Please dont book here you'll wish you didnt !!! This was the filthiest, Nastiest place ive ever been. The pictures lie. There was mold on the walls and on the shower curtain, we had to clean the bathroom ourselves to even take a shower,and the towels were even dirty. I'm thankful for having my own towels and pillows and blankets. No iron available even through the office. No maid service and the black mold is on everything, The room wasnt even clean when we arrived. I filed a complaint with the health Department. I left sick and was having trouble breathing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank brian a W
Reviewed 5 April 2012

All I can say is the price is right, booked on Priceline and called starting a week before arrival...would put my phone on speaker and let it ring for 20 to 30 minutes until someone picked it up. Apparently the 'staff' works for free rooms as I was told by no less than three people who could not confirm our reservation- but instead offered their life stories. But then finally the day before arrival I contacted a man who the others reported as the owner- this man acknowledged my reservation in a surprising and perhaps too fast speed and that he was indeed the owner. We pushed through and arrived a day early (so Plan B if required could be effected). The AC was out in the front office, the staff informed me that the man I had spoke to was off to India! And what reservation? I had printed this off- ah ah! This included my pet, a small dog with no extra charge! I told them I confirmed this rate with the owner the day before. I looked at the room...well for $42.00 it is what you get. I requested a room in the corner. The water for the shower has two temps, nuclear reactor hot and cold. Our sink was slow to drain. AC worked fine. Men of questionable character stand at street corner at night- but as former USMC and male we established our territory and general rule of offering a wide berth to avoid each other. We bought our own coffee pot (never even checked out the 'free coffee and Continental breakfast' I suspect it is a myth) and went to Wal-mart up Military Drive and cooked with in room microwave (after cleaning!). Did not request room service. The 'wi-fi' is very poor to offline most of the time. Power outlets poor- with all appliances on you will blow a fuse and good luck finding someone! And the electronic room keys are good for about one time- and then the staff argues about putting it next to a cell phone! There is a restaurant next door but never went in. The pool appears to have been recently dredged and the body recovered. The TV has maybe a dozen channels, the remote had corroded batteries from 1995 so therefore didn't work and honestly with a eight year old it was on Cartoon Network anytime we were in the room. Went down for son's USAF BMT graduation which is close(US90 and Military Drive)- you will be busy and out and about- need a cheap place to crash, this is it.
I remember as a kid stopping in mom and pop motels, now they are dive motels and is a interesting hobby my wife and I share. We have found gems and then crap- this is another example of why faceless cookie cutter motel chains eat across America.
And if you do not know who Earl Hickey is; well then...

Room Tip: There are plenty of other motels in area- go there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We made reservations on-line and was surprised when we checked in. Not at all what the pictures showed. Price was right and it was really close to Lackland but the room was horrible. Sink didn't drain properly, toilet seat was broken, shower head squirted all over the bathroom and the smoke detectors were hanging by wires from the wall. we went 3 mornings for breakfast to find out, all the had was awful coffee, no juices or anything. We should have spent $5.00 more a night and went to a well known hotel chain. I suggest you check other hotels before booking here. Donna and Kent, PA.

Room Tip: anyplace but here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family