3,042 results
All reviewsmenger barteddy rooseveltcolonial roommango ice creamghost tourcolonial restauranthistorical hotelthe river walkrocking chairstexas historylots of historyalamo plazarooms are smallvalet parkingthe location is perfectconvention centerwater pressure
Reviewed 4 July 2015

My husband and I arrived on a Thursday and stayed through Sunday. We experienced a few minor things that were taken care of with no hesitation and just had an amazing time. From the GM to the Front Desk Managers, everyone treated us great and answered all of our questions even though I am sure they are asked the same ones over & over!
We loved walking around taking random photos to see what we might find later. Originally we were assigned to one of the renovated rooms and it was beautiful!! I called it the Sunshine Room due to the bright yellow walls. I teased my husband the next day about finding a huge bug in the room ... after a good laugh, I told him the drapes over the windows had a flower & bug pattern (I just got an eye roll but personally thought it was funny). On Saturday, my in-laws decided to drive out from Houston to join us so I asked if they had anything available with 2 beds; we were put in the unrenovated part of the hotel. If was different from the first room however the bathroom was bigger so that was a bonus. Both rooms were over looking the pool which we could not wait to go swim and cool off in... but it is a heated pool -sad face. Nothing like walking around all day in the hot summer temps waiting to go for a swim in a cold pool to find it heated. Since the temperatures were almost the same, I went ahead and just sat in the hot tub to relax for a bit.

Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay for our vacation and we would love to stay again should we ever decide to head back to San Antonio (which is a high probability since we were not able to do everything we hoped).

I want to thank the Menger management for making this experience so pleasing to both my husband and myself. Thank you, Thank you!

Room Tip: Be sure to walk around taking random photos to inspect later... never know what may appear!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KRJS57
Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

Spent a week at the historic Menger hotel, a very nice hotel that for being 156 years old it has all of the amenities that you need, it's right next door to the Alamo across the street from Pat O,Briens, the San Antonio trolley and 2 blocks from the Riverwalk

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Our room overlooked the pool, garden area, with an outside balcony. The room was spacious and very comfortable. When you walk out the front entrance and turn right, you are looking at the Alamo grounds. The river walk entrance and downtown are across the street. The tower of the Americas is within walking distance.
A great, historical hotel that I highly recommend.

Room Tip: our room was great, wish i could say more about the rest
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We didn't stay here. Instead, we had visited he Alamo and decided to check out the hotel. Wow! Incredible interiors and historical information is well worth the visit. We did not see the bar, but were told it was the real star of the show. We checked out various displays and exhibits around the lobby and first floor. It is undergoing renovation, but plenty to see and learn. Check out the artifacts from days gone by.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank davidinark
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

This was an amazing hotel to stay at. The downstairs is like a museum. So many amazing things to see.

The bellman was awesome. Friendly and helpful service with a smile. Started our visit off right.

The Alamo is literally right outside the door which was so nice. The a Riverwalk was also very close.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family