3,042 results
All reviewsmenger barteddy rooseveltcolonial roommango ice creamghost tourcolonial restauranthistorical hotelthe river walkrocking chairstexas historylots of historyalamo plazarooms are smallvalet parkingthe location is perfectconvention centerwater pressure
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. The food and accomodations were very good. The service was top notch. I plan to stay here again with my family. Outstanding location for the Alamo and Riverwalk. highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Wally H, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Excellent review and score. We look forward to your next visit with your family.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Just returned from a business/vacation trip to San Antonio. Our stay at the Menger Hotel was wonderful. Very old and beautiful. Staff is extremely nice and helpful.

The dining room/breakfast staff were out of this world. Extremely helpful and kind.

Rooms were large. Only complaint, they were having problems with the hot water.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are good, but be sure to visit the shops in the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for great review. We apologize for the hot water issue, we were replacing a valve.
Enjoy your day and please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I recently attended a conference and randomly selected the Menger as my hotel as the price was reasonable and it was easy walking distance to the convention center. I was very pleasantly surprised by the historic nature of the hotel (original section was built in 1859?). High ceilings, mosaic floors, fancy hardwoods, a central garden patio, and large rotunda dominate the interior. It is obviously an architecturally significant structure deserving of its place on the National Historic Register. One can imagine that this was THE gathering place in old San Antonio. It is situated next to the Alamo, half a block away from the Riverwalk, and about a 7 minute walk to the convention center.

Room Tip: There are several sections to this hotel built at differing periods. My room was in the original historic section build in the mid 19th century. While the hotel is generally good for accessibility, my room had a pretty significant step up into the bathroom. I gathered that The room was a very good size, high ceilings are great and the ceiling fan (in addition to A/C) was also most welcome, though it did make an annoying ticking noise that prevented me from using it during sleep. The room was a very good size and furnished in period pieces although some of the period seating appeared to be well used. The mattress was very comfortable.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Yes, we were built in 1859. We are very happy you enjoyed our Historic Menger Hotel and look forward to having you back for some rest and relaxation.
Enjoy your day!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

At the tour guide's urging, we came in and toured the lobby, which is a mini museum with showcases full of original papers, pictures, ledger books, and artifacts. There is a whole section on Teddy Roosevelt, because he recruited his Rough Riders in the bar. The hotel is the oldest in town, and

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We are the oldest hotel West of the Mississippi. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to your next visit to San Antonio and the Menger Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The only problem I had is that the bed was a full size bed and the pillows were full size pillows. I couldn't get comfortable. Also you could hear the elevator at it went up and down throughout the night. Other than that the stay was awesome.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the review and excellent score.