“Great place to stay”

Sandpiper Condominiums
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Sandpiper Condominiums
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

My friend book a room for us and two other couples and we found it comfortable, quiet and convenient. The owners were nice. Everything was great and we had a really nice visit.
My nephew and his band Made of Boxes, were playing at Herbs Tavern both nights so it was a great place to stay!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed with my husband and 9 month old daughter. It was very homey, clean, comfortable and close to town. My only complaint would be the noise. The walls seem to be very thin? Or maybe not well insulated ? Every person that walked by woke us up and occasionally the baby.
The owner was very helpful and even pointed out some good hiking trails. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. Overall it was a great place, especially for the price. We would probably stay there again... Maybe with earplugs for the family!

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Brittany A
Reviewed 9 September 2014

This property is more of a residential property than a hotel. It is basically an apartment complex that has a handful of rental units. We stayed in unit 3, which was "not updated," according to the management (we were offered an updated unit, but we didn't care about that.) It was a cute little studio with a bed, a full kitchen (it did have a compact apartment stove, but it cooks just like a full size stove!), a bath with a shower, and a large closet. There was a breakfast bar with stools, and two dining room style chairs, but no table. I would have really loved a table or more comfortable chairs, and maybe those will come when the unit is upgraded. The management was friendly, accessible, and helpful. They even let me peek into some of the updated units-super cute! This property is a pleasant walk from the ferry terminal, maybe 7 or 8 blocks, and it only felt long the first time, when we didn't know where exactly we were going. It was really nice to go back at the end of the day to a place that felt homey instead of like a hotel. Having the full kitchen allowed us some options, like having breakfast before we headed out for the day, and not having to eat every meal out. While in Friday Harbor, we only ate at restaurants a few times. It was so nice having the option to just make a sandwich rather than decide what to eat and where to go. The property also had a pool and hot tub, which was dated, but still nice.

I would definitely stay at Sandpiper again! Between the laid-back homey feel, the nice people we met who lived there, and the amazing management, this was one of my favorite places to stay. It was perfect for the relaxing, no fuss, no drama vacation we were looking for.

Room Tip: Give this place a chance. It was really much much better than you would think from the pictures we s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1997ChrisL
Reviewed 16 September 2013

So, I found myself without a place to stay when arriving for a three month stint as a medical traveler at Friday Harbor...fortunately, I discovered a wonderful little one bedroom condo and was able to secure it from the owner, fully furnished and turn-key. It was furnished with high quality furniture and all the creature comforts and everything brand new, so that was such a treat! Mine was unit 21. I would highly recommend it! The gym didn't see any use during my time there and the pool and jacuzzi only saw use once the tourists began coming. During the week it is nice and quiet, but Friday nights, the young people come in from the mainland and begin having outdoor barbeques and playing their guitars and singing and roasting marshmellows in the courtyard. So, if you need a silent place, it is not silent, but it is filled with happy people having good times and enjoying their island time. All in all, a very good place to land and I hope to come back again!

Room Tip: Upstairs unit accessible by 3 or 4 steps is as accessible as it gets and quieter than downstairs. Mi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Walk to everything, no need for car, nice gym and pool.
Some units privately owned are spectacular and others very average.
CCRs say NO PETS but there were some people with pets there.
Suggest ask for ACTUAL pictures of the EXACT unit you are renting so that you know if you are getting a unit set up for a couple or for a group with bunks... You cannot find more affordable and centrally located comfortable lodging on the island within walking distance to everything down town and the ferry. Very safe neighborhood and so nice to be where you can get to the movies and dinner or a play or the ferry or harbor in a 5 minute stroll.

Room Tip: Top floors closest to parking area and gym are the nicest and most accessible
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business