Highland Inn of San Juan Island
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$139
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
US$419
Travelocity
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
US$70
US$68
Travelocity
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$179
Tucker House Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$196
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Free Internet
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$204
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Roche Harbor Resort(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$136
Travelocity
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$180
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$203
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2015

This is a very lovely little inn with just two rooms that face out toward Vancouver Island. We saw no whales, but it did not detract from our stay. The innkeeper, Helen, was very gracious, considering we arrived about two hours before we should have. She served us a fresh baked cookie and took our breakfast order for the morning. Make sure you tell her everything you will want for breakfast. I forgot to ask for water and she was a little taken aback when I asked for it the next day. I don't think she wants to fail in her duties as innkeeper! The whale watching room itself is large, with a sofa and a fireplace as well as the kingsize bed. The shower is a steam shower which is quite nice if it is a little chilly. There is a large soaking tub which we did not use. Everything was clean and in order. The wifi also worked well, considering we were 7 miles outside of town.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa D
Reviewed 28 December 2014

Having stayed here years ago, I had mixed memories. Lovely room, a view of water and 'strange' service. The kind of service you write off, because you want to focus on the positive. I made another reservation in November 2014 for December stay - a dead time for the island. Unfortunately I had to cancel using the prescribed process. You have to call. Modern communications options are not accepted. I did call and stashed the cancelation number away at the office. The host called the night of the stay ( a holiday weekend day) at 6:00 PM asking me to produce the cancelation number. When I did not call her back within 30 minutes, I saw my AMEX notification that my card was charged the full amount. Watch your wallet with this one. This was a great place ten years ago. The host makes it a place to avoid.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve A
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

I have no record of a cancellation by telephone or email. My policy is clearly stated with webervatons and he agreed to the terms when Mr. Anderson made the 2 night reservation. It was also stated in the letter of confirmation sent to him on Nov. 5th. "ask for a cancellation number for your records to verify a cancellation has been made. No penalty beyond two weeks of reservation date". I waited all afternoon for their arrival and had to come back to the inn early from a family Christmas holiday in order to accommodate them. I called him late afternoon to check on their arrival time and found them still home and upset that I would question the fact I had not received any notice of cancellation. I offered to credit his credit card if he was able to give me proof of cancellation and a cancellation number. This letter trying to discredit me and my inn to Trip Adviser is his way of responding. I still haven't heard back from him with any cancellation #.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

The Highland Inn is a special place. My wife and I recently stayed there for 3 nights for some much needed peace and quite. The proprietor, Helen King has created an atmosphere that really makes you feel like your are home without being home. We stayed in the Whale Watch suite and it is super spacious, very private and has spectacular views to the West and British Columbia over looking the Haro Straight. Helen bends over backwards to make her guests feel comfortable. She is very sweet and a passionate chef. Her morning breakfasts were spectacular and her "made fresh daily" afternoon cookies were a delight. We will definitely return to the Inn on our next visit to San Juan Island. Thank you Helen :)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don M
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

It means so much when guests take the time to write a review of their stay here. I'm so glad you were happy and enjoyed the room, views, breakfasts, and my cookies. Having you was such a pleasure. Seeing the Orca whales was an added bonus. Lucky me having guests like you to share my paradise with and that's just one of the things I will miss so much when I retire. Helen

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The innkeeper, Helen, does a wonderful job of making you comfortable in her inn. The room is very comfortable, large, and clean. Breakfast can be served in your room sitting with a view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The breakfast was wonderful. On a rainy day we enjoyed the fireplace. Made for a cozy evening. A great retreat!!

Room Tip: The whale watching room is a beautiful room with an unobstructed view of the Straits.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don M
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Even though you were here during a much needed rain, glad you enjoyed your own wood burning
fireplace and comfortable sofa and easy chair while watching for Orca Whales in the sea below.
It was such a pleasure having you at the inn, and hope you may return some day. I appreciate your comments. Helen King, Innkeeper

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our stay at the Highland Inn was the most wonderful week of our 8-year marriage! We managed to get away while the kids were at summer camps, and we gradually transformed from harried, over-functioning parents to relaxed, happy human beings. Helen managed to delight us with her wonderful cooking, while at the same time respecting our privacy and need for "alone time." The slower pace of life on San Juan Island, along with the breathtaking views, make Helen's inn a quiet paradise. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee_and_Lisa_2013
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

How nice of you to write Trip Advisor about your stay here. More parents should have a special time away alone while their kids are at camp. It was such a pleasure having you here as my
guests. I always enjoy it when guests take advantage of the many things to do and see on the
island. It was fun to hear about your previous days activities and your evenings out at breakfast each morning. Thanks so much for your stay here. Helen King, Innkeeper