“Amazing Noodle Bowl Lunches on Mondays!”

Backdoor Kitchen & Catering
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018

A few years ago, I tried my first Backdoor Kitchen noodle bowl lunch - which they do every Monday for most of the year. I have to say, I was so enchanted with it, it's become a staple of my existence, and I look forward to having their noodle bowl every single Monday! They have pork, chicken, tofu, and a variety of seasonal seafood. I absolutely love the flavors they develop in the grilled meat, and the sauce is so good I practically lick the bowl dry.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

It was warm enough to sit outside, which I think is preferable if the day is right. But cute inside. We were in the bar area which is nice but you are prey to whoever is at the bar and how loud they talk. Nonetheless, the food was excellent- I had perfectly done lamb chops and my husband had a pasta and seafood dish which he really enjoyed. Good wine by the glass. Good service - I had been there once before and it was extremely good those many years ago and its nice to see a restaurant keep quality up over a long time

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Our hotel recommended this place and we stopped by during the day to make a reservation. It looked like a local hangout and the tables outside were a little tired looking. Our expectations were not high.

But dinner was delicious with friendly staff. Our first table was in the bar area next to some extremely noisy fellow guests. We asked to move but the only table available was outside. It was cool but not too bad with the heaters.

The food was very good. The service was good. A good selection of wines and at the end a good price.

Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Love the food here. Fresh and innovative. Consistently good. Changing menu to keep it fresh and interesting.

1  Thank IslandRealtoraFoodie
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We got off the ferry and dashed to the Backdoor Kitchen for their once a week noodle bowl offering. (only on Monday 11:30-2:30) There are several varieties, but they were already sold out of two of them when we arrived so get there early. Indoor tables with wide open doors to the garden as are many outdoor tables secreted throughout the gardens.
We returned for dinner one night and had a delicious fresh, organic meal. I had lamb and my husband had scallops and both were wonderful. A real treat.

2  Thank cam4234