Hyatt Place Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$149
Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$155
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Pool
Baymont by Wyndham Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$79
US$75
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$155
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
US$299
  • Pool
US$191
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

Inn At Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotwire.com
All reviewsunderground parkinggreat locationrestaurant upstairsslow barpresidential suitehalf blockwet barnew mexicocharming hotelsitting areaking bedmain plazaliving roomhistoric plazaresort feemini fridgechilli
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Hotel Chimayo has the perfect location if this is your first time or 100th time to Santa Fe. Close to the major experiences of Santa Fe Plaza and some museums, namely Georgia O'Keefe, New Mexico Museum of Art and the Palace of the Governors. Ruben at the front desk had great suggestions for restaurants for anytime of day. The courtyard and rooms have a New Mexican charm The low'n'slow bar is a nice place to start your evening. The cost of the room is of good value. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Abraham J, General Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Melissa E,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe. As you stated the location of the hotel is the perfect proximity to the plaza, galleries and restaurants in Santa Fe. Low n Slow has become a favorite to the locals and carries the Northern New Mexico charm of the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again on your next stay in Santa Fe.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

So, go get a cup of coffee. Get comfortable. Cuz this will be rather lengthy. Hope you enjoy the review.

This is our third annual winter trek to Santa Fe. Having grown up here, I really enjoy coming back to reminisce and visit old haunts. And Santa Fe is nothing if not for the Plaza area. We have to be in walking distance to the Plaza when we stay here. And the Hotel Chimayo is just a block off the Plaza. The Hotel (which feels more like a quaint Inn rather than a Hotel) is just delightful. There is a smallish lobby with a little check-in desk. Always water and coffee on a table nearby. A big fireplace at one side with nice period furniture to sit and enjoy it. The rooms are on either side of a long courtyard. At one corner is a statue of Madonna with candles should you wish to pay your respects. The rooms are modern, but have an old 'Santa Fe' feel. Ours is a Junior Suite. We walk into the 'living room' which has bancos built into the wall for sitting and enjoying the room. There's a small table/desk, a hutch with TV and the real treasure, a corner fireplace. The ceiling is high with nice beams (alas, not the round vigas that are so iconic of Mexican architecture. But I can live with that.). Above the fireplace are a menagerie of crosses with a 'candelabra' fixture over the sitting area. Really nice and comfortable. To one side is a wet bar with sink and coffee maker. Mini-fridge below. The 'bedroom' is simple with a king bed, side tables and dresser with TV. Small sink and bath. Decorated nicely with Mexican touches. The room isn't palatial. But cozy and very comfortable. Great place to sit and watch the Olympics.

A wonderful addition is the service and the people. From making reservations to checking in and staying, the service is top notch. Reservations were easy. I had a nice chat with the clerk over the phone saying that this was a bit special since it was our 40th wedding anniversary. He gave congratulations and said they'd do something. On checking in, the desk clerk was very engaging. She asked if this was a special visit. I replied that it was our 40th anniversary. She excused herself and came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. Nice. She escorted us to our room and opened the door for us. Inside was a bouquet of flowers from the Hotel congratulating us on our anniversary. Over the top! My wife and I were overwhelmed at the personal attention. We called for someone to light the fire. Their maintenance manager came and really expressed his pleasure at serving us. He was so nice and engaging. He kept saying that if we needed anything to let him know. We've been to the desk several times with various questions. And always the response was positive.

Finally, the Hotel is a real value for Santa Fe. Here I've come to expect to pay premium for lodging, food, everything. After all it's a tourist destination. The Hotel has probably the lowest rates of any downtown Hotel. I don't like the 'resort fee'. It's really a surcharge to add to the price. But that's become more common. Enough complaining.

As I said, this is a long review. Hope you're still awake. We can hardly wait for our winter Santa Fe sojourn next year. We want the same people, same room. I highly recommend the Hotel Chimayo. And OBTW, I'm impressed by the Heritage Hotels. They own a number of New Mexico properties. One thing I particularly like is that they stay attached to New Mexico giving monies to their attached cultural attractions (the Hotel Chimayo provides some funding to the Chimayo Historical Foundation).

Well that's about it. Wonderful place. Wonderful people. Good value.

Room Tip: The junior suites are quite nice and a good value.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MikeB1952

Dear MikeB1952,

Thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful review of the Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe. You mention a lot of the features of the rooms such as the crosses and the "candelabra" in the sitting area. We are proud to say that those are from the children and the artisans from the town of Chimayo.
For you to choose to spend your 40th anniversary with at Hotel Chimayo means a lot to us and we were more than happy to make your stay with us special and memorable, we hope to do that for all of our guests as our team takes pride in the service and quality we provide.
We look forward to hosting you again on your traditional winter trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Friendly staff that go above and beyond. The location is perfect and the hotel is very beautiful. Alyssa R gave great recommendations and was vert attentive. I was blown away with the art work in the lobby and in the rooms. The cultural cause is a wonderful idea and Alyssa R did a great job at elaborating it.

Room Tip: 110 and 104 best rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Abraham J, General Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Michael D,

Thank you for taking your time to review Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe. We are very proud to support the communities that represent NM and its's rich culture. With each hotel giving back we look forward to keeping the rich tradition of New Mexico alive.
Alyssa R is a great Host and has great knowledge of Santa Fe and we are happy she was able to share that with you. Ww hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband had an amazing stay at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, and the entire staff displayed the upmost professionalism and hospitality from beginning to end. We were extremely fascinated with the cultural and experience at Hotel Chimayo. The room was extremely nice and so comfy, the fire was so nice! Thank you to our guest service for the awesome fire, and Alyssa made our check in extremely fast and was so welcoming. It’s a bonus when you meet someone so sweet and nice to welcome your stay! We will definitely be returning soon!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Madalynn S,

Thank you for taking your time to review Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe. We are very proud to support the communities that represent NM and its's rich culture. The fireplaces are a great amenity to the hotel and are perfect for the winter nights.
Alyssa R is a great Host, thank you for recognizing her kindness and efficiency.
We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I've stayed at Hotel Chimayo 4x and have another stay booked for next month. I live 2 hours north of Santa Fe so this hotel has become my go to for my trips to the "big city".
Not even 1 block off the Santa Fe Plaza you cannot do much better for location. I go to Santa Fe especially in the off tourist months so the value then is really good. The rooms are super clean and simply but tastefully appointed and the staff is super friendly. Good below ground parking. Its an older hotel that has been spiffed up and upgraded - not luxury but everything I want and need. My beds have been really comfortable.

My only gripe which isn't really with this hotel but a trend that gets under my skin is the resort fee. Since I don't have a choice with whether to pay it just put it in the nightly rate. With this property there is no spa, tennis court, pool etc. so really no resort amenities save for parking and bottled water.

Heritage Hotels in New Mexico owns it and does a really good job with all of their properties. As I say, I will be back in March.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are theoretically on the ground floor but actually on opening the door you have to go up a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Alex S, Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear MelART57,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you choosing Hotel Chimayo as your home away from home! I apologize for the misunderstanding on our resort fee, the resort fee give you access to shuttle rides within 2 miles of the hotel and allows you to use the pool, spa, gym, and other amenities offered at El Dorado Hotel and The Inn and Spa at Loretto. We hope you will take advantage of these on your next visit! Again, thank you for choosing Hotel Chimayo!