6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$179
PricelineUS$199
eDreamsUS$199
1,402 results
All reviews tasting room rooms are small front porch beautiful historic hotel wood floors beautiful lobby front desk staff two blocks parking lot visit to santa fe plaza monastic linens fixtures downtown galleries
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

Three parts to this review, Restaurant, Hotel, an Staff.

The restaurant, my wife and I had eaten there on previous trips, and always had great experiences with wonderful food. This time during our stay on 16th & 17th of July 2021, it was a different experience.
We sat down in the main restaurant area, of course with reservations at about 6pm. We were escorted to our table and then forgotten about for at least 30 minutes. Waiters/waitresses walked by and never bat and eye. Finally after that time went by a younger lady came up to us and asked if we had been served. I quickly said now, I was wondering if I was invincible.
She immediate apologized and explained she was the manager and would take care of it.
The rest of the evening we had no less than three people waiting on us hand and foot which we greatly appreciated and overlooked the long initial wait.

Hotel, well yes its an old building and well renovated but just not impressive at all. Room was very tiny and we felt cramped. The restroom was horrible as the toilet was almost under the sink, which you can imagine took some maneuvering to get sat down. Hallways are noisy, I'm sure to the old construction and lack of sound proofing.
Now for the Parking and help getting luggage in. I am handicap and have a tag, but on most occasions I would pull in to park and find someone else without the handicap tag parked there, which after a while I would watch folks that were not even staying at the hotel parking there.
When we first arrived I was shown where the luggage carts where and never offered to help me push a cart from the parking area onto an uneven sidewalk, which of course had a tree as an obstacle and all the folks walking back and forth.
Staff well the ones at the front desk were of no use to me. I asked one morning if there was a notary public or where I could find one, which I received the response of "I don't know".

Do go to the lounge as they have wonderful drinks and the restaurant is amazing once you get served........Stay away from the hotel is my advise.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else, but do go to the bar and restaurant
1  Thank icymoon
Kelsey Harney, Other at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience. We appreciate you going into such detail and highlighting what you felt to be our strengths and weaknesses. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for the lack of help from our staff. Although we strive to provide our guests with a five star experience, we understand we will always have room to grow and areas to improve upon and we appreciate your honesty. This feedback will be very helpful in our growth and becoming our very best! We will work with our teams to improve and we hope you will give us another shot to impress you in the future!

Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

Nice place high end but no parking to unload. No help with luggage.

Night desk clerk ,woman, was eating from the largest bottle of Tum’s I have every seen. She was stressed out. She had three people in line! She was putting them in her mouth like the were M&M’s help is hard to get I guess. steakhouse attached to hotel good but very expensive. Food ok but they try and kill you with hovering service. Wouldn’t be on my list for my next trip.

Sit on the deck out front have a drink and watch the crazies go by. It’s a blast best people watching place I found in a long time. That I will do again

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your honest feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We will share these concerns with our staff and we hope you will give us another chance to care for you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Hotel St Francis is located in a perfect spot in Sante Fe.
Centrally located In town. Beautiful lobby. Lovely receptionists. That is the end of positives.
Rooms tiny& virtually no lighting. Housekeeping - forgot to clean both ours & our friend's rooms.
3 huge cleaning carts wereleft in the hotel corriders the whole 3 days we were there. Hotel manager- MIA the entire fime we werethere.
Never would stay there again!! Too many other choices.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Resort745438
Kelsey Harney, Other at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

We are so glad that you enjoyed our location, lobby, and front desk staff, but we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so we can provide a better experience moving forward. We will share these concerns with our staff and ensure that they are addressed and we would love another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

I love the ambiance of this hotel, but not the guest rooms. We really enjoyed the common spaces and dined in the courtyard. The rooms are a bit of a disappointment. The curtains are too narrow for the windows and there is no liner, which is annoying. The only sink is in the bedroom, with a bowl basin and the overhead light is so dim that it is almost impossible to apply makeup. We were on the second floor and looked out over the ugly rooftops. We had a deluxe king rooms which was an adequate size. After dinner we enjoyed walking around the Plaza. We returned for an after dinner drink on the front patio, but after waiting over a half hour cancelled our order and went upstairs. One bartender was just not adequate for the high demand. We usually stay at the El Dorado, but I wanted to try someplace a bit more intimate and historic. Glad we tried it, but I don't think we will return.

Date of stay: July 2021
Kelsey H, Social Media Coordinator at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our ambiance and common spaces, but we are very sorry that we missed the mark on other areas of your stay. We appreciate your honest feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We will share your concerns with our staff and we are committed to improving. We would love another opportunity to impress you in the future!

Reviewed 29 July 2021

We had two rooms and both had lovely views. The rooms were both very clean and the beds were comfortable. It is an easy walk to many of Santa Fe's galleries and restaurants. You can enjoy a drink on the veranda after a day of exploring.

Date of stay: July 2021
Kelsey H, Social Media Coordinator at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you for sharing some wonderful details of your stay. We really appreciate your support and we hope to care for you again soon.