Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$65
FindHotelUS$65
TravelocityUS$65
CheapTicketsUS$65
Orbitz.comUS$65
TripadvisorUS$65
All reviews western decor front office small kitchenette road trip flat screen tv mini fridge comfy bed coffee maker parking lot jackalope kitsch vintage downtown rates plaza lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Fantastic Oasis in a world of overpriced hotels. Really cool motel w great staff/mgmt. If you're looking for a clean comfortable retro/groovy kinda spot, this is IT!!! Reminds me of a Route 66 kinda spot. Unbelievable great rates for Santa Fe...and this was during Renaissance Festival. Also had great recommendations for local authentic Mexican cuisine. I'll definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2021

The front desk staff was kind, other guests friendly, easy parking-- kitschy retro feel-- bring your own shampoo/soap etc if you are picky. Not walkable to plaza area. Good value for the price on my road trip to Scottsdale.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 28 August 2021

...but you don't stay at a historic Route 66 motel for the wifi! Other than that, no complaints. Nothing fancy, just the basics but with a little style and charm. Everything was just comfortable enough, just convenient enough of a location, etc. Good base for sightseeing. Table a little small but it was all the room we needed for some takeaway.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 17 August 2021

I always stay here when in Santa Fe. I arrived a bit before check in and my room wasn’t ready. Evidently the previous occupants had left a strong odor of Chinese food in the room and it was gonna take awhile for their machine to deal with the smell. SO they ended up just switching me to the room next door (23) that was essentially the mirror image of my booked room (22). (When you book, you choose the specific room you want.) These two are the rooms I like…queen bed, mini-fridge, microwave, tv, table with 2 chairs, storage, and an armoire for hanging clothes, nothing fancy, but VERY clean and comfortable. And the price? Just $63 per night before taxes.

It’s an old Route 66 motel where they've they kept the historical feel with the furniture, a bit of kitschy décor, and tile shower and bathroom. What they HAVE improved (a few years ago) is the water pressure. The showers work just fine. As does the air conditioner. I was able to get my room down to pretty cold (although it's pretty loud...just made for great white noise for sleeping). The only thing lacking was that, due to their COVID protocols in light of the Delta variant, they were unable to provide their usual continental breakfast (which had been a nice cost saver in the past).

The Silver Saddle is not that far a drive from The Plaza and other areas of interest. There are also a number of excellent restaurants in the immediate area.

I wish I'd gotten the name of the motel proprietress... she was great!

I'll be back for a stay over Thanksgiving later this year.

Room tip: Higher numbered rooms are further from Cerillos Road
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Best bed ever!!! Clean, no bugs!!! Front office was very pleasant and helpful. I loved parking outside our rooms and we were only about 5 mins from downtown.
Had a great time

I would stay here again and again!!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple