“A definite winner!”
Review of Trattoria A Mano

Trattoria A Mano
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria A Mano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 592 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Water & Alameda
Transit: Bus stop at end of the block; Railrunner station nearby.
Description: In the time-honored tradition of great local haunts, Trattoria A Mano is the neighborhood Italian spot you hope to find in your travels. Featuring Northern Italian cuisine in the fall and winter months, A Mano ventures further south to coastal climes in the spring and summer, bringing you a wide range of delicious options. A Mano means “handmade” in Italian, a concept that is carried through all aspects of the kitchen repertoire, from daily-made fresh pastas and flavorful sauces, to the house-made focaccia, satisfying salads and hearty entrees. All desserts are made in-house under the guidance of our master pastry chef. Combining a well-chosen wine list with draft beers and attentive yet friendly service, A Mano is perfect for a family outing, a get-together with good friends, or that special celebration or date night…. A Mano – tiny, cozy, relaxed, playful, fun and delicious. Reserve now!
Reviewed 12 May 2018

We finally were able to snag a reservation at this delightful restaurant, and it was well worth the wait. It's small and intimate with an attractive décor, and you can see the chef and his assistants preparing the delicious menu items as you dine.......because it's so small, it can be noisy; however, don't let that deter you.......the food is as tasty a meal as we've had in town. We started with sharing the calamari over arugula with a yummy lemon dressing; it was a great combination although we agree with another reviewer that the calamari was very small in size and portion. (our only minor criticism of our meals!) My husband loved his bronzino and I was thrilled with my choice of duck ragout over pappardelle.......a half order was generous and very filling. Desserts were incredible......the hazelnut bomb gets a 10 for my chocoholic husband and my cannoli could not have been more tasty and good to the last bite. The Italian wines that are offered are excellent. Our waitress was most accommodating; all in all, a terrific dining experience in the city different! Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank BKandCB

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We were excited to visit the new TRATTORIA A MANO because we’ve had fantastic experiences at parent restaurant BOUCHE. Unfortunately, the food quality was a bit disappointing. For starters, my wife ordered the Calamari Fritti and I ordered the Insalata Tricolore. The Calamari dish had a delightful lemon-aioli-pepperoncini sauce over arugula, which was deliciously spicy – although the calamari were smaller than we would have liked. My Insalata Tricolore was surprisingly dry and bland, but saved by the tasty oven-dried tomatoes; it improved when I added some olive oil table dressing. For main dishes, we ordered the Grilled Branzino and the Veal Picatta. My wife’s Branzino entrée was perfectly seasoned and cooked – and absolutely wonderful! She especially loved the bed of Sicilian Cauliflower with Salsa Verde. My veal entrée was not as appetizing: the veal was a bit tough, the spaghetti was undercooked, and there was hardly any aglio e olio sauce. So I added a tablespoon of olive oil dressing to make it more appealing. The Hazelnut Opera Dome dessert was really good, including the dramatic presentation with hot chocolate sauce. Atmosphere was delightfully ideal for intimacy or conversation, our server Amber was excellent, and prices reasonable. A good restaurant, especially for seafood.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

In a city of great restaurants, "A Mano" is a stand-out. The food is beyond excellent; the portions are good; the service is excellent; and the atmosphere is conversation-friendly. Three of us celebrated a birthday dinner last night and everything was perfect: the calamari and carpaccio were delicious as were our three pasta dishes and the tiramisu dessert. The wine list is varied and reasonably priced; the chef on duty, Andrew, came out and said, "hi;" and our server, Jamie (sp?) was attentive and and friendly.

6  Thank StefanoSantaFe
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Wonderful meal. Went for a benefit and came out with a new addition to our favorites list. I hope to return soon. My understanding is that the menu is still evolving in this new restaurant, but I hope the pasta with lamb sausage remains. It was spectacular with just the right amount of perfect spices. Yum! I'm going to give this place my highest recommendations. A whole lot of good restaurants in Santa Fe. This is top 5 for certain.

5  Thank charlie88312
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is located where the old Galisteo Bistro was located. The atmosphere is in the tradition of a typical trattoria but it is somewhat noisy. The lemon flavored calamari salad was exceptional. I had a special salmon dish which was exceptional, very moist and flavorful with potato cheese cakes which complimented the salmon. My wife had a clam pasta dish which I sampled and found quite boring. Then we had Tiramisu which rivals that served at Pranzo. Chiati wine was very good and reasonable. Service very good. All in all a rival to Pranzo but pasta may not be up that standard.

4  Thank shelterform