“Very Good Southern Style BBQ”
Review of Whole Hog Cafe

Whole Hog Cafe
Ranked #144 of 600 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Historic District
Neighbourhood: Historic District
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I love my BBQ and as we travel we try different places. I had the Ribs, Potato Salad and BBQ Beans. My Wife had the Combo Plate with Brisket and Pulled Pork with Beans and Cole Slaw. They have 6 different sauces. The Sweet Sauce was Excellent. Meat was very tender and had a great taste. The Ribs were a little light on the amount of meat on the ribs, but tasted amazing. The Potato Salad was very good as well as the BBQ Beans. You get a Roll with each meal. The portions are reasonable. They actually had real Sweet Tea and for a Southern Family who is used to drinking real sweet tea this was welcome and it was actually good. They got it right. The food is excellent and was a welcome reprieve from all the Mexican Food we have been eating. I would go here again. Great Location near the Santa Fe Rail Yard.

12  Thank Timothy C

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This is a simple no frills place with terrific food at a great price right in the heart of Santa Fe rail yard and Guadalupe Street district. Easy access and terrific service. The owner is super friendly and always gives you a great deal for the price. The pulled pork is some of the best in the city. They cater to large events as well!

9  Thank thaddt
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Good fast food for bbq pork or chicken. Everything tasted good, it is a "fast food" joint, but pulled pork sandwich was pretty good. Chicken on the salad was also good.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I love the pulled pork sandwich! It's so good I have not wanted to try anything else. The pork ribs look delicious. A couple sitting next to me loved them. The six BBQ sauces help to spice things up if one is so inclined.

11  Thank BluefFash67
Reviewed 5 March 2017

My sister and I happened upon this restaurant and sure glad we did. We both had the pulled pork and it was melt in your mouth and so tasty with a side of coleslaw and we shared the mac & cheese. She is from Kansas City and I am from Fort Collins. We have never had such great pulled pork. Thank you for being there.

11  Thank CAAdams53