“Very Good Breakfast Spot in an Unexpected Location”

Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen
Ranked #59 of 592 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Rey
Description: Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen is a light and airy oasis for healthy and yummy food. We offer gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan options for our guests. Breakfast + lunch everyday and a new dinner menu beginning August of 2017 Tuesdays through Saturdays. Come find your sweet spot at Sweetwater!
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I had breakfast with a friend here mid-week for the first time and was pleasantly surprised both by the food and by the design of the place. The neighborhood seems to be heavily office/business/industrial/warehouse, but Sweetwater is a lovely oasis on Pacheco Street at the front of a large office park. The space is well designed and comfortable with a nod toward natural and Eastern/New Age influences. There is plenty of parking on the street and within the parking areas behind the restaurant.

Orders are placed at a counter and then brought out to tables so in that regard it is somewhat reminiscent of Counter Culture (off Baca and Cerrillos), but each spot has it's own unique style and I would highly recommend frequenting both places. We sampled a breakfast burrito with black beans and sweet potatoes in addition to the eggs, cheese and chiles and also the huevos rancheros. Both the red and green chile sauces are very good and the addition of black beans and sweet potatoes to the burrito was excellent. We also ordered lattes which were good (although I'm just not a fan of having them served in tall glasses, but that's a minor personal nit).

As the morning evolved the patronage picked up and the place was fairly busy when we left around 10:30. It clearly is a great spot to enjoy a filling breakfast and to linger over coffee and conversation. There is also a patio area that faces out onto the parking area and office park which is not the most exciting view, but certainly a good spot for those who enjoy dining outdoors.

I plan to return for their Thai night dinners and will also put it into my rotation of very good breakfast spots. I am not a vegan nor do I go GF so this place just appealed to me because the food was good, but I'm sure it will be a welcome addition for anyone who is mindful of those dietary concerns.

3  Thank Jill J
Soma_and_Fiona, Owner at Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

We are grateful for your thoughtful review. We strive to offer healthy items for everyone to enjoy irregardless of their dietary concerns. Our mission is to serve healthy + yummy food to our community so everyone feels great when they leave!
peas + love,
Soma + Fiona

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Delicious Dinner in Pleasant Atmosphere. The food at Sweetwater is consistently good. I have grown to appreciate the quirky waiter.

5  Thank AptosAmy
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I had looked into healthy places to eat for my business trip to the area. The food was fantastic. I had opted for meatless options and this was a great find. The atmosphere was calming. I sat at a communal table, a nice alternative for those dining alone. It wasn't just dinner... It was an experience.

5  Thank nursechips
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Excellent salads and fresh items. Healthy alternative and very fast service. I had a yummy salad with grilled chicken and my friend had the Budha Bowl. Great new option in Santa Fe

2  Thank Coleen D

Thank you so much for your visit! We look forward to serving you again soon! We will be bringing on some new dishes soon for the Fall season.
peas + love,
Soma + Fiona

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast before a work meeting. The sweet potato hash was quite good, as was the coffee. Very nice decor and a lovely location.

3  Thank Michael M

We are proud to serve locally roasted fair trade organic coffee from Red Rock Roasters in Albuquerque!