“The Perfect Honeymoon Dinner”
Review of Geronimo

Geronimo
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 592 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe home. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Reviewed 17 October 2015

My wife and I got married in May of 2015, and spent our honeymoon in Santa Fe. As my wife is a very good planner, she made reservations for us at Geronimo (GREAT DECISION, BABY!!!). They knew it was our honeymoon, and the experience was awesome from the very start. They sat us next to a kiva fireplace with candles lit in it. Then our server greeted us with 2 glasses of complimentary champagne (nice touch).

We had the Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Sashimi & Tartar for a starter, which, if my memory serves me correct, was spectacular! It had buttermilk, scallion pancakes, a wasabi creme fraiche, avocado, soy lime syrup, shiso leafs, and caviar (I took pictures of the menu because it was so good).

For dinner, my wife had the Telicherry Rubbed Elk Tenderloin, with roasted garlic fork-mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, applewood smoked bacon, and creamy brandied-mushroom sauce. Cooked to perfection (medium-rare), it was succulent, and melted in your mouth!! I had the New Mexico "Four Corners" Slow Braised Lamb Shanks with organic farro "risotto," roasted baby carrots, citrus & mint gremolata, & lamb au jus. The risotto took a couple bites for me to get used to, but it was amazing! The lamb was perfectly cooked (literally fell of the bone).

For dessert, we got a creme brulee trio. One was traditional creme brulee. One other was raspberry, but my favorite was the third-espresso creme brulee. It was just ridiculously good!!!

The service was immaculate! Well timed, and our server was knowledgeable and engaging, but not overly intrusive! He was an accomplished musician (trumpet player, I believe), who had performed at Carnegy Hall once, too, I think. Sorry I don't remember his name, because I would recommend him as your server in a heart beat!! Everything was perfect! From the greeting at the door, the atmosphere, the service, to the food! We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you Geronimo!! It was truly outstanding!!

2  Thank John L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I travel frequently for work and in my line of business, regularly dine at white tablecloth restaurants from New York to LA. My girlfriend and I were in Santa Fe on a long weekend and were told not to miss Geronimo. Geronimo was one of the best overall dining experiences I have had in a long time. Its location on Canyon Road and lively, but sophisticated atmosphere is fantastic, but the food exceeded even this.

We started with the Maryland Blue Crab Cakes and Wasabi Caesar. The crab cakes were true lump crab cakes and were more crab than filler, which is rare. The Wasabi Caesar was a recommendation which was on point- perfectly dressed and the "crispy rice dice" were a nice substitute for traditional croutons.

For main course we had the Green Miso Sea Bass and the Telicherry Rubbed Elk Tenderloin. Both dishes were perfectly cooked to the chef's recommended temperature and the portions were very generous.

Desert was the trio of creme brulee. There was a traditional creme brulee, a mocha and a berry. The berry came topped with some sort of sharp candy nest that was unique but added a nice touch.

On top of it all, the service was fantastic. Our waiter was very attentive but not annoyingly. All of his recommendations were spot on.

This is a restaurant that's worth traveling for if you happen to be in its vicinity.

4  Thank WDO85
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Geronimo came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. We chose to sit outside on a glorious late September evening. Everything was wonderful: the food was great, the wine list extensive, and the service over the top.

2  Thank Cdr505
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Thursday at 5:30. Early because we had a show at the Lensic. Thought it might be empty, but was half full by the time we left. As Geronimo is one of the highest rated restaurants in SF, we had high expectations. Started with 2 salads. The heirloom tomato salad was disappointing; they weren't ripe & I wouldn't have bought them at the Farmer's Market (which has millions of tomatoes this time of year). Wife's pear salad was excellent. My entree was elk tenderloin, rare, cooked perfectly. Wife had scallops with ravioli. Scallops were too salty & the ravioli were cold. Shared a trio of creme brulee for dessert, which was wonderful. Service was pretty good although it dropped a notch when a group of regulars were seated next to us (who got free champagne & appetizers). Overall didn't live up to our expectations; everything was either a 5 or a 2-3, quite a gap. $170 before tip & tax w/4 adult beverages.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

The food and service at this place is five star all the way. The food is expertly prepared and the service is as good as any top notch place in New York or LA. I had the game hen that was hand rubbed with some delicious blend of southwestern spices. the dining room is very beautiful and serene. A place for a special occasion dinner.

1  Thank Dana1020