“Best Burger”

Ranked #20 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Famous Green Chile Cheeseburgers are back! John and Bonnie Eckre, formerly of Bobcat Bite, are taking their food to the next level at the new Santa Fe Bite located inside Garrett's Desert Inn on Old Santa Fe Trail. In addition to their savory Green Chile Cheeseburgers, Santa Fe Bite features fresh tacos, fish and chips, sandwiches, a choice of French or sweet potato fries and a little something they like to call 'The Big Bite' that comes with a side of buttery garlic bread. Creamy milkshakes and homemade lemonade are just some of the sweet treats popping up on their new menu. Also, we are now serving beer and wine. Santa Fe Bite opens at 8am Saturday and Sunday which means early birds can sample tasty Breakfast menu offerings like hot cornmeal pancakes with maple syrup, brioche French toast with maple caramel sauce and house-made biscuits with Mom's gravy. Spend a leisurely Sunday outside at Santa Fe Bite. The new Brunch menu includes eggs benedict, Steak & Eggs and Huevos Rancheros.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The Green Chile Burger is one of the best I have had. Cooked to your liking. On the other hand the Chicken Sandwich was dry and the blended cheese toping had a bitter taste (don't get the chicken). The fries were not so hot but the Chips were great. Good selection of beers.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We were told we had to have a green chile burger. We went to Santa Fe bites and were not disappointed. It was spicy but very good. We stopped again on our last vacation day and had chile burger. They have been voted best green chile burger in the state!
Definitely a must stop if you are in Santa Fe!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted a hamburger and this was a good place to go. The service was the best. Quickly to the table with water and taking your order, and the kitchen was quick too. The menu is diverse, but everyone around me, and I think they were locals, were all ordering burgers. My burger came just the way I asked for it - no pink, but still very moist. That’s not easy to do. The waitress checked to see if it was the way I like it.
Gave a four star because the handmade chips were all over cooked - tasteless. I would return. Good value.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

On our way back from a Sante Fe sightseeing drive we rode past this restaurant. Our driver remarked how good this place was and told us about their famous green Chile burgers. Our crew was hungry and it did smell delish so we wandered over from the Loretta chapel ( a very short walk). We were seated immediately and enjoyed the decor. The menu offered a lot of choices but 3 of the 4 ordered the green Chile burgers. I liked that you could order a smaller patty if your appetite was not as large as others. Our 4th companion ordered the patty melt.
All the food was great. A word of caution... medium means red center ! It is on the menu but was easily overlooked.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This restaurant is in the heart of the old city, a short walk from the square. You can get all the New Mexican favourites, but their specialty is their burgers. They are rated as being in the top five in the country! Try it with the green chilli topping for the New Mexican kick. I loved the home-made potato chips. You can eat inside or out on the patio.