“Very good.”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Rio Chama was near our B&B so we found ourselves eating there a few times. Everything was well prepared and the service was excellent. It specializes in steaks and prime rib but we found the other offerings were also very good. It doesn’t appear to be a large restaurant at first but there are many rooms and the large parking lot attests to its large size. The outdoor dining areas are also very nice. It is located outside of the hustle bustle of the Plaza area which adds to its appeal.

1  Thank Lloyd T

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We wanted to go to a steakhouse for a good steak. But boy howdy were we ever disappointed with the steaks and terrible service we got here. We've never been to a restaurant with steakhouse in their name that had such bad quality beef and no idea how to cook it properly. Overcooked and poorly seasoned. And worst service ever!

7  Thank Buck D
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has many rooms and many faces. A little steak house, a place for music c. And a terrible fix place for. Delicious and light. Lunches of salad. Or meat . Service is good and unassuming and you can eat in or out depending on your mood

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We really enjoyed our evening here. This is a more formal/romantic place in a casual atmosphere. I didn't bring any long pants on my trip to Santa Fe, but I wore nice shorts with a collared shirt and felt like I fit in. We came on a night when there was an insane rain storm which was starting to flood their patio. Their team handled it well. The mussels with jalapeno corn broth was the best I have ever had. We had a young server who was awesome and the food and wine was perfect. I will return when I am back in Santa Fe.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Four of us had dinner on a recent weekday evening. My wife had the filet mignon ($37) and she loved it. Two of us had the red chile prime rib sandwich ($20 each) - two problems. First, the meat was on the tougher side, more difficult to cut. Second, it was a bit on the too spicy side - we learned that it is possible to put the spicy topping on the side if requested in advance. One of us had the buffalo burger ($16) which was okay, nothing extraordinary. Gruyere was requested for another $1.50 but the cheese was almost non-existent in taste or sight. Glass of wine for $8 and beers for about $6. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the wait staff was more than okay. Parking lot right outside. Overall, the experience was pleasant but considering the hundreds of restaurants in Santa Fe, I would probably go elsewhere next time.