“Tableside guacamole a "must have"”
Review of Gabriel's

Gabriel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gabriel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 604 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Exit 176, Hwy 285
Description: Gabriel’s, serving food of the Southwest and Old Mexico — renowned in New Mexico — is considered one of the best restaurants in America by Zagat. The personal attention to service and food is what makes Gabriel’s special: a place where little touches enhance your whole dining experience. Guacamole made tableside. Freshly squeezed lime margaritas made with gold tequila. Handmade corn tortillas. An authentic mix of modern and classic Mexican and Southwestern dishes and seasonal specials.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

My husband and I ate here twice while staying at Buffalo Thunder resort which is only a few minutes up the service road north of Santa Fe. Both times we sat on the patio and ordered the guacamole appetizer that is made fresh tableside. Absolutely delicious!!
I had a shrimp quesadilla which was loaded and my husband had the ribs. I tried his fall off the bone, mesquite ribs and ended up ordering them the second night we were there as they were the best I've ever had. Most of their dishes are big enough to share and that's what we did the second time as my husband ordered chicken and we both then had chicken and ribs. We went for an early dinner at 5 both times as it is a very popular place and fills up by 6 k

4  Thank suzi52

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Located off the freeway just outside of Santa Fe, is an incredible restaurant that is sightly tucked away. This restaurant is beautiful with the artwork, outdoor seating area and roomy interior. I ordered the taco and enchilada plate with green chilies and I loved it. The flavors were so good. This place would be great to host a small gathering for a birthday party or shower. Definitely a place worth trying.

5  Thank Casi702
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Came back from taos and stopped at Gabriel's on the way home. Place was packed on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. Had fajitas. Was enough to split plus took lots home for another meal for two. Service always first class.

4  Thank Terry C
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Patio is great, pet friendly, & the customers were so friendly.

Service was a little slow, but we liked that. We were there to relax,

Server was excellent.

5  Thank 550nancic
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This restaurant is tucked away on a hidden road but it is massive. I made a reservation on Open Table. The service was outstanding. A chef comes to each table and makes guacamole to order. What a treat. We usually can't eat it because I am allergic to tomatoes and we both dislike cilantro, This was my first guac in years and it was fantastic. Bowl-licking fantastic. The entrees were enormous and delicious. The service is so quick that we didn't spend as much time as I would have liked, but we left full and satisfied. You can sit inside or out and it has a very friendly atmosphere.

3  Thank WashCaps

Been to Gabriel's? Share your experiences!