“Amazing food and service, consistently. ”
Review of Los Potrillos

Los Potrillos
Ranked #57 of 595 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I love coming here, the food is always great amd the service is on point. The ribs are incredible as are the gorditas and shrimp tacos.

9  Thank Eric R

Reviewed 9 June 2017

This was my first visit to this restaurant. I ordered the Cabrito (a goat stew), which I thoroughly enjoyed. The way it was prepared and seasoned spoke volumes. The cook that made this dish obviously really cares about food.

If you like Mexican Mexican food, they have some great items on the menu. On the other hand, this is not the place to go if you want Tex Mex or New Mexico style Mexican food. Portions are big, so you had better be hungry. I've heard that their breakfast items are also delicious and large -- might be a good option for starting a long day.

7  Thank TwentyBelowND
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food is truly great Mexican food and yet not really what you expect of U.S./Mexican food. So delicious and a lot to choose from. One of my favorites is Chiles en Nogada. My mouth is watering as I type this.

6  Thank sallyy854
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This was our second visit to Los Potrillos and it is a marvelous place to go. It's always busy but it moves quickly. Definitely a local's restaurant which is a tribute to it's authenticity. Reasonable priced and service was excellent. The shrimp and fish with corn cream sauce is out of this world! Larry had the goat and it was amazing as well. It has won all sorts of awards and yet keeps its family atmosphere. If you love Mexican food, don't miss this one!

8  Thank mountainwinddancer
Reviewed 12 May 2017

While driving along Cerrillos Road, into and out from downtown Santa Fe, my wife and I noticed Los Potrillos Mexican Restaurant and decided to stop in for a bite of lunch. We were very happy and pleased that we visited. The interior decor is very pleasing. Our server was very pleasant and attentive and brought us additional salsa. Speaking of the salsa, it was outstanding and a basket of chips comes with three (3) small bowls of three (3) salsa flavors. We ordered a Tostada Plate and were very pleased with it. Our server brought us three corn tortillas to go with our rice and beans to make soft tacos. A great and happy visit and experience. Wonderful venue.

7  Thank kanbaatar