2 people are viewing this hotel
US$65
Free cancellation until 27/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$62
Hotels.com
US$62
PricelineUS$65
TravelocityUS$62
Trip.comUS$68
1,833 results
All reviews whole foods free shuttle farmers market free breakfast within walking distance close to downtown breakfast room nice breakfast road trip new mexico sage plaza railyard cereal santa pet galleries
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021

I spend over 2 weeks at this hotel and I enjoyed my stay. I will definitely go back. The staff are friendly, The environment is quiet and safe. Close to Santa Fe downtown and many Tourist attractions. They even have a bus tour to Downtown.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sage Accounting, General Manager at The Sage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Hello, and thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed a quite and safe stay. Our location offers a wonderful winter walk to the plaza and a shuttle down during the day. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 November 2021

My partner and I loved staying at the sage hotel! It was cute, clean, and staff was very responsive! It’s an easy 10-15 min walk through a safe area to the main Santa Fe square, which was perfect for us! This allowed us to access all that Santa Fe had to offer at a fraction of the cost. Great breakfast as well that included breakfast burritos and dairy free options! Highly recommend!!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your kind words are a great to hear description of the Sage Hotel. Our staff tries to go above and beyond for all our guests and I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and convenient location. We were happy to have the opportunity to welcome you and look forward to your next visit.

Nicole

Reviewed 25 October 2021

Two great things about this motel are the staff and the shuttle bus into town. The shuttle was very helpful because it took us right into the old town area. All we needed to do was call and they came back and got us. Joseph at the front desk was continually helpful with advice as to what to see and where to go to eat. Photos of the rooms make them look a lot nicer that they are. The rooms are simple, small motel rooms that are clean. There is a strange $30 charge daily for internet and breakfast. Oh well, just paid it. Prices are somewhat high for the type of motel it is.

Date of stay: October 2021
Sage Accounting, General Manager at The Sage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2021

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed both our wonderful staff and our shuttle. We do hope you come to visit us again so we can welcome you back to The Sage!

Reviewed 23 October 2021

The Sage Hotel is the type of place that lets you feel like you have arrived in the SW. It has a rustic feel to it with clean, and nicely appointed rooms. They are close to downtown sights, and provide a free shuttle to get you back, and forth. The staff is very friendly, and courteous. They offer a free breakfast that include these awesome breakfast burritos made by Ana Rosa Penaloza. Ms. Penaloza commandeers the dining room with professionalism making sure everything like coffee, juice, danishes, cereals, and of course those delicious burritos are available. There is also a Happy Hours. I recommend the Sage Inn highly.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sage Accounting, General Manager at The Sage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2021

Thank you so much for staying with us. we are overjoyed to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and especially enjoyed our breakfast. Ana Rosa will be so pleased to hear your kind words about her hard work. We hope to see you again soon so we can welcome you back to The Sage.

Reviewed 23 October 2021

We stayed for 3 nights the weekend of the Santa Fe Century bike ride. We paid over $220 a night and this had been booked many many months ago so was not last minute. When we arrived the front desk staff was nice enough but when we got to our room I was very unimpressed. It was tiny with basically the cheapest makeover possible. We figured oh well - at least its close to the Railyard where the ride was starting. That night I tried to take a shower only to discover that the faucet was falling off the shower wall and basically looked like it had needed to be replaced 25 years ago. It was impossible to set a temperature on the faucet and it would go from scalding hot to freezing cold. After a very cold and quick shower and toweling off with the child size paper thin towel I got into the bed which had the cheapest scratchiest sheets I'd ever felt. Then I tried to turn on the TV but it didn't work. We then spent all night listening to the loud cars race by outside. The next morning I asked to move rooms and I told them my concerns. We moved for the next 2 nights to a room where the faucet and TV worked and it was farther from the road. This room was still dismal with the shower head leaking so badly that the drywall in the bathroom was damaged and rotting but had a fresh coat of paint over the damage. Three hours after moving rooms I realized that I had left my pajamas in the first room and asked if they were found and were told no. I asked again the next day and was told no.

The day we were leaving I heard an older gentleman yelling at the front desk individual about his room having dangerous scalding hot water and a faucet that didn't work correctly. I saw him walk back to the room and he was in room 105, the same one we had been given at first. Obviously no repairs had been made and total disregard for anyones comfort (or safety). That same morning another individual was at the front desk looking for a lost coat and was told that it had not been found. That patron then noticed that his coat was actually hanging behind the front desk.

Yesterday (12 days after our stay), my sister received a call from the manager that my pajamas had been found. She had also been staying at the same hotel and does have the same last name as me but I have no idea how her name/number was mixed up with mine. I called back and spoke with the manager Jessica who took all my info to mail back my pajamas and then asked me for a form of payment for shipping. I could not believe after the ridiculous amount of money we wasted at this hotel that they wanted me to pay for shipping. Truly unbelievable.

Our friend stayed next door at the Motel 6. Typically not the best place to stay but I was in their room and it was much nicer than our room, bigger and newly updated. And it cost $80 a night.

We have come to Santa Fe yearly for this ride and have stayed in many places over the years. Some good some not so good. This one takes the cake.

I'm not even including our experience with "The Social Club" since I understand that finding wait staff is very difficult these days. I will say if you don't have the staff to support a bar then you should just not be open.

Don't waste your money at the Sage. It's basically an old Travel Lodge with a new coat of paint.

Date of stay: October 2021

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience during your visit. We appreciate honest feedback and consistently work to improve based on it. We have addressed the hot water issue in 105 and will make sure we are following up more closely in the future. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what our property can offer.