4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$149
PricelineUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
FindHotelUS$149
eDreamsUS$149
TravelocityUS$149
2,833 results
All reviews waffles specialty coffee made to order breakfast living room within walking distance wood burning fireplace small kitchen quiet street full kitchen breakfast was delicious free parking main building visit santa fe the location is perfect new mexico latte casita
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2021

We had a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and fireplace. It was 95 degrees so we didn't need the fireplace. There was free parking near the door and the included breakfast was excellent. It is possible to walk to the main square but it is several blocks away. We would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 29 September 2021

This place is falling apart, old, lacks renovations! The pull out couch is filthy and lumpy. We put a sheet over it before we sat down. The bathroom shower grout is nasty. The floors are all kinds of wavy. I’ll stop there, but yuk. Never again will I trust photos on TripAdvisor.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PRollinsTX
Reviewed 23 September 2021

Our room was interesting if dark but lacking love and the outdoor lighting quirky. We had to wedge some card under the table leg to stop it rocking and when I touched the fireguard it collapsed, I went over to the office and said that one of the bulbs was missing from a lamp (as I said, it was dark); OK, she said. Kinda feel "Oh, sorry" might be more appropriate. That was in the morning - when we got back in the evening, it was still missing. Husband went over to office and guy gave him a bulb.
They make a big thing of their "continental breakfast". Guess it depends which continent you're talking about, waffles and burritos don't say "Continental" to me. They offered a huge variety of coffees - but the machine was broken so it was drip or nothing.
They clearly do not expect to take the "self-catering" aspect seriously but luckily there are several good restaurants nearby.
It was handy for the town centre.

1  Thank BumpkinUSA
Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

We rented a room for our son to propose to his girlfriend. They allowed us to decorate and when the front desk read the notes upgraded the room for us. It was beautiful and magical. It made their day even more special. We can't wait to stay there ourselves. We have stayed in more than 20 hotels in Santa Fe from budget to opulent. This place was amazing.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2021

My wife and I did the same thing that probably all of you who are reading this now are doing, researching where to stay in Santa Fe at a specific point in time; now, when you’re reading this. We did the same thing back in April, and sadly, between the time that we booked our stay and actually stayed at Las Palomas (Aug 26-31), they received a bunch of really bad reviews which, had we seen them at the time we were researching, would’ve made us decide to stay elsewhere. Oh well, timing is everything. It’s a shame to have to add to the list of poor reviews since April, but here goes…

The pros:
-staff was generally friendly (got to speak a lot of Spanish)
-decent breakfast (though we only had it a couple of times)
-outside of the old town center, so it was quiet

Well…that’s about it for the pros. Lots of cons

The cons:
-as other people wrote, the actual room we had (#7 in the Pueblo section of the place) looked nothing like any of the pictures on the website. It became obvious that the pix on the website were of rooms when they were new, and/or with additional external lighting to make things look better than they really are. Our room was stuffy and dark, and for the duration of our stay we jokingly/sadly referred to it as “the dungeon”, as in heading back to the room after a day bopping around, we said “OK, back to the dungeon”

-this place is “pet friendly” and they should really say that prominently on *all* pages of the website. I say that because I spent most of our stay going through a box of tissues because of an allergic reaction to the pet dander that pervades not only the room but the whole place. I commented to my wife that the sofa in our room was filthy and worn out, and who knows how many butts have sat on it, but more importantly, how many dog butts have sat on it. My wife wound up turning one of the cushions over, and I wound up sitting on the hard flat wooden chair in the room so I wouldn’t have to sit on the filthy allergy inducing couch.

-there’s a kitchenette in the room that’s completely useless and a waste of space. There are dishes and utensils and glasses and a hot plate, but who knows when they were last used or washed?

-there was no housekeeping whatsoever, and I really don’t buy the Covid excuse for that. Considering how many people were near each other in the main building and all around town, saying that they’re skipping housekeeping to keep everybody safe from Covid is just a bunch of baloney.

-like I said, the room was dark, and that’s because of dim (and mismatched) bulbs in the “living room” and blown bulbs in the “bedroom” that haven’t been replaced.

-there’s no outside seating area for room 7, so if we wanted to just relax and sit somewhere, we had to walk across the street to the main building and sit at one of the tables that are set up in the parking lot, or be near other people and sit in the ‘living room’ area inside the main building, right near where people come to get their food or beverages

-the bed takes up most of the width of the ‘bedroom’ so there’s not much space to walk, if you get up and need to use the bathroom during the night. On the side of the bed that I was on, there’s the one and only A/C vent on the floor, and the fins on the vent are practically closed because of people (like me) stepping on them in the dark and bending them.

-the bathtub is pretty disgusting; old, dirty looking grout, there’s some sort of loose piece to the showerhead just hanging there, the knob that you lift up to divert water from the faucet to the showerhead doesn’t work, so when you turn the water on it goes right to the showerhead. Cold water right down my back when I turned the water on for my first shower…that was a quick lesson!

-the wifi in the room was useless; couldn’t get the signal to stay on my computer, so if we needed to log in to see or send something, we had to bring the computer across the street to log in to the main building’s wifi.

-all of the outlets by the kitchenette were being used to charge our phones and other accessories, and I needed to charge my Kindle, so I pulled out one of the end tables in the living area and found an outlet there that was pretty much exposed because of a broken/nonexistent wall plate cover. This is probably a fire hazard…

All in all, room 7 should just be “blown up” and rebuilt. Once upon a time Las Palomas was probably a nice place to stay, but as other people have recently written, these days it’s just old and tired and in dire need of a lot of work. Enter this place (and the dungeon) at your own risk! And contrary to what they've written about themselves, this is *not* a 3 star hotel. Not even close.

Room tip: Stay away from room 7
Date of stay: August 2021