“CHANGED NAME! Now Bean Crazy”
Review of Bent on Coffee and Wine Too - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bent on Coffee and Wine Too
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I understand the partners split up and the name is now Bean Crazy. The fresh roasted coffee is fantastic.

Reviewed 2 December 2010

They tell me they're the only coffee shop that roasts their own fresh beans within an hour in any direction. I'm sure that's why my latte needed no sugar, no vanilla...it was heaven. They have more than a dozen different blends, more than two dozen different roast, from origins including Colombia, Mexico, Sumatra, Java, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Brazil, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Hawaii, Tanzania, Papua New Guinea. I'm buying my beans here from now on. Very good pricing, considering you get a whole pound rather than the smaller grocery store size. The baristas are very helpful, too. Oh...they also
offer wine from select, small-lot wineries. I spoke with Steve, the co-owner, who was very knowledgeable and knows the story behind every wine he buys.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

On a recent trip to LA, we decided to stay in the Thousand Oaks area of Ventura County just North of Malibu and a short drive from Hollywood and Santa Monica. This was a great little town that felt very un LA and very clean and oh we could see the blue sky. One of the best parts of Thousand Oaks was a little coffee & wine shop we ran into by accident called Bent on Coffee and Wine Too! They roast and blend own their coffee on site, right in front of you and will explain each coffee. I had the house blend with a medium roast, it was very tast and when it is that good I can drink coffee straight with no creame or sugar. Sure they have all the fancy drinks like my wife likes, but when a coffee is this good us real coffee drinkers can really appreciate the tast. They bring in there baked goods from a local baker and my wife's blueberry muffin and my coffee cake was moist and flavorful. It is a small operation located in a indescript stripmall along the 101 with sidewalk seating just outside. I must mention they had a wide selection of wines as well, although I perused we did not have any wine that day. The staff though knew as much about the local wine in their collection as they did about the coffee and incase I did not make it clear already the staff was extremley friendly. So if you find yourseld in North LA or in Ventura county check out this little coffee shop, it is no pretender coffee shop, its the real deal.

1  Thank got2usetripadvise