“Awesome and Relaxing Family Getaway!”

Rio Sierra Riverhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I'm so glad I celebrated my birthday in Rio Sierra River House in Three Rivers with my family and brother. I booked the Panorama Room because I loved spacious kitchen.
Mars, the owner is very hospitable and accommodating she offered us an extra cot in the room and for my brother to stay in the Garden Room for FREE. Overall the house is so neat and peaceful. The whole family loved the river right on the house ground. My youngest daughter enjoyed the right side of the river because it is the shallow part, while my teenagers enjoyed jumping and diving the right side of the river which is 11ft. deep. My favorite was the summer night where you can lie down on the flat smooth rocks while gazing at the stars and listening to the river drift. Mars thank you for making my birthday extra special. We are definitely coming back! Gemma:))

Room Tip: Panorama has a kitchen and the studio is very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Gemma I

Reviewed 17 August 2015

As we drove past the Rio Riverhouse on our way up the mountain, I had my doubts. I reminded myself of all the wonderful reviews and remained sure with our decision.
When we returned from seeing the giant Sequoia forest (words cannot describe how amazing it is), we were greeted by Mars. She is so warm and welcoming like the ultimate hostess, proud of her property. She showed my husband and I first to our River Studio. It felt like I was on a movie set from the 1950's or earlier. It was so comfortable, charming and as it was exactly from a time ago when life was simple without phones and tv's and all the other distractions (I think there was a tv- we never used it). The view over the rolling river was incredible. The room is rustic so don't expect The Four Seasons, but in many ways, even more enjoyable. We then walked to the far end of the property to the kids "Hideaway" which was amazing! It is an RV camper parked along the beach of the rolling river bed. Our 18 and 16 year olds were in their own heaven! We all enjoyed the cool pools of the river and the kids climbed the rocks. We have amazing pictures to treasure for our life! Mars, you are one of the best hostesses ever. (My daughter forgot her iPad mini which Mars kindly and quickly returned by mail!!) This was a highlight of our family vacation before my son heads off to college!

Room Tip: All of the river view rooms looked amazing
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank pvfamily2015
Reviewed 17 July 2015

We were part of a wedding party who took over the entire property. We stayed in the Panorama Room which has two large double beds, en suite bathroom and large kitchen/dining area on mezzanine floor. It served as the hub/congregating area for the stay and was well equipped with large fridge freezer, cooker and dishwasher.
Spotlessly clean, room serviced each day.
Staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs and on site until 10pm each night.
Lots of thoughtful little touches made this a welcoming and delightful stay.
It was the perfect location for our informal ceremony.
The outside areas for eating, swimming, picnicking or just sitting in the sun, or shade, were plentiful and well maintained, arranged to our needs.
We all loved Rio Sierra Riverhouse and would all love to return.
Convenient for Sequoia State Park.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Geraldine327
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Rio Sierra really is oen of the best options in the valley. Hamper your expectations of all as you are here to experience nature at its finest. Behind the hotel was a river which we bathed in (towels provided) and a firepit every night which we cozied up to with a glass of wine to finish the days adventure. Overall the place has a homie feel to it and is worth the consideration.

The room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was huge.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 20 June 2015

We had a lovely two nights in this great place. It is quirky and stylish and the owner an staff were so helpful and welcoming. The river is right in the grounds with places to swim. There are great places to rest and relax - special mention to a hammock in a shaded spot. Nice places to eat nearby so you don't have to drive.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Wuksachi Lodge
#1 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
28.0 km away
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
2.1 km away
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers

Been to Rio Sierra Riverhouse? Share your experiences!