“Charming place”

Rio Sierra Riverhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Very nice and charming place. We stayed there only one night during our road trip, but it was very good stop. The location is perfect, close to the Sequoia park, near to the river with beautiful countryside.
We liked the outside area with fireplace and calming atmosphere. The room was clean, the river view was excellent. The owner was friendly and ready to help us all the time. Breakfast was prepared in the fridge, but it was quite poor.

Room Tip: The rooms with the river view are better
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 353monika_

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Awesome place! We are a family of 5. Mom & Dad & 3 kids (6,8,10)
We stayed in the Master Room #1. Mars the proprietor is amazingly sweet and very knowledgeable. The rooms face the river and we went swimming after a hot day in Sequoia National Park. BEWARE THERE ARE LEACHES IN THE RIVER! Harmless but creepy.... Great place you can't go wrong & perfect for a family.

sweet

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Philpenn8
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I'm so glad I celebrated my birthday in Rio Sierra River House in Three Rivers with my family and brother. I booked the Panorama Room because I loved spacious kitchen.
Mars, the owner is very hospitable and accommodating she offered us an extra cot in the room and for my brother to stay in the Garden Room for FREE. Overall the house is so neat and peaceful. The whole family loved the river right on the house ground. My youngest daughter enjoyed the right side of the river because it is the shallow part, while my teenagers enjoyed jumping and diving the right side of the river which is 11ft. deep. My favorite was the summer night where you can lie down on the flat smooth rocks while gazing at the stars and listening to the river drift. Mars thank you for making my birthday extra special. We are definitely coming back! Gemma:))

Room Tip: Panorama has a kitchen and the studio is very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Gemma I
Reviewed 17 August 2015

As we drove past the Rio Riverhouse on our way up the mountain, I had my doubts. I reminded myself of all the wonderful reviews and remained sure with our decision.
When we returned from seeing the giant Sequoia forest (words cannot describe how amazing it is), we were greeted by Mars. She is so warm and welcoming like the ultimate hostess, proud of her property. She showed my husband and I first to our River Studio. It felt like I was on a movie set from the 1950's or earlier. It was so comfortable, charming and as it was exactly from a time ago when life was simple without phones and tv's and all the other distractions (I think there was a tv- we never used it). The view over the rolling river was incredible. The room is rustic so don't expect The Four Seasons, but in many ways, even more enjoyable. We then walked to the far end of the property to the kids "Hideaway" which was amazing! It is an RV camper parked along the beach of the rolling river bed. Our 18 and 16 year olds were in their own heaven! We all enjoyed the cool pools of the river and the kids climbed the rocks. We have amazing pictures to treasure for our life! Mars, you are one of the best hostesses ever. (My daughter forgot her iPad mini which Mars kindly and quickly returned by mail!!) This was a highlight of our family vacation before my son heads off to college!

Room Tip: All of the river view rooms looked amazing
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank pvfamily2015
Reviewed 17 July 2015

We were part of a wedding party who took over the entire property. We stayed in the Panorama Room which has two large double beds, en suite bathroom and large kitchen/dining area on mezzanine floor. It served as the hub/congregating area for the stay and was well equipped with large fridge freezer, cooker and dishwasher.
Spotlessly clean, room serviced each day.
Staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs and on site until 10pm each night.
Lots of thoughtful little touches made this a welcoming and delightful stay.
It was the perfect location for our informal ceremony.
The outside areas for eating, swimming, picnicking or just sitting in the sun, or shade, were plentiful and well maintained, arranged to our needs.
We all loved Rio Sierra Riverhouse and would all love to return.
Convenient for Sequoia State Park.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Wuksachi Lodge
#1 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
28.0 km away
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
2.1 km away
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers

Been to Rio Sierra Riverhouse? Share your experiences!