Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$75
View deal
Booking.comUS$85
Hotels.comUS$75
PricelineUS$85
TravelocityUS$75
Agoda.comUS$85
Orbitz.comUS$75
All reviews fridge and microwave extra towels ice machine large room shenandoah np bit dated skyline drive front porch tuck tiles lodging backyard mountains grill
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Very clean and very nice! Very comfort feeling when staying here . The staff is amazing and right there with any and all needs and accomodations . Restaurants are close by, and it's not like the other hotels. there's a beautiful big back yard with built in grills and shelter for outdoor fun! All that plus a reasonable and cheap price ! I will definitely be coming here again !! Check it out!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rhonda12111
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

I found this online and it was inexpensive and near the caverns. I booked a king but when we got there, there were many rooms available so he upgraded us to the deluxe king with no extra charge. The gentleman was very friendly and helpful and told us there was a laundromat about 1/2 mile up the road. He wasn’t kidding, it was that close. He also made sure to point out exactly where the ice machine was and to let him know if we needed anything.

The room was much bigger than I thought it would be and we didn’t need the extra space but it was nice. The decor was nice and the room was super clean. Yes, it is an older hotel but is in good condition and everything worked well for us.

The bed … I have to tell you about this bed. We pulled back the covers to find the sheets and blankets tucked in very tightly. Forget a quarter. You could have bounced a brick off the bed. Every fold and every tuck was made with precision. (Anyone with a military background would be impressed with this work of art.) There was an extra blanket in the closet if needed.

The bathroom was super clean and had plenty of towels.

The hotel is non-smoking but since each room is accessed outside, there were plenty of chairs on the walkway/patio in front of the doors to sit and relax.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room tip: It is right next to a gas station and about 1/2 mile away from a laundromat.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2021

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cardinal Inn for 2 nights during a trip to see the Luray Caverns, which is just down the road about 2 miles. I must admit this motel wasn't initially my first choice when looking up lodging but the other hotel was booked full. Now I'm really glad that was the case.

The Cardinal Inn was a wonderful place to stay. We had a large room with a king size bed which was quite comfortable. There was a microwave and small fridge in our room which we did use and both worked perfectly. No daily room service but we didn't find it to be an issue.

Our room was exceptionally clean and neat. Yes the decor is a bit dated but, honestly, I absolutely loved it! The dated decor totally adds to the charm of this motel. Personally I loved the old fashioned colored tiles and such in the bathroom (like in my grandparents homes years ago when they were still with us).

Since my husband is a smoker I especially liked that there are chairs provided outside the doors of the rooms on the front porch area. We sat outside both evenings just relaxing, watching traffic go by and enjoying the beautiful sunset. You can't do that when stuck inside a typical hotel.

The owner lives on premises and is so very nice, helpful and is always there if you need extra towels, toilet paper, etc.

I can't tell you how much we enjoyed the Cardinal Inn and the owner is a fantastic person. If we were to ever visit the area again we would definitely stay at the Cardinal Inn again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 10 December 2020

We had a brief stay at the Cardinal Inn after a hike in the Shenandoah Valley. We arrived after dark and the innkeeper was very helpful in sharing a printed list of the restaurants that were open in town in the midst of the Covid restrictions. Our room was oversized with a comfortable king sized bed, a couch and sitting area, and even a small refrigerator with a separate sink where you could actually set up a wet bar! Short stay, but enjoyed our visit.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 4 December 2020

All the accommodations in Shenandoah National Park were fully booked, so with hesitation my daughter and I reserved a 3 night stay at the Cardinal Inn. Nothing fancy, and dated decor, but immaculately clean. Our room with 2 comfortable queen beds was surprisingly spacious; lots of shelving to store luggage, coolers, and other bulky items. Microwave and small fridge in room, but close to Dunkin Donuts for morning coffee. Large bathroom and counter space. Vijay the manager lives on site and is very helpful, friendly and attentive. No daily room service but you can ask Vijay for anything you want (extra towels, etc) anytime day or night and he’ll get it for you. There’s a nice big field in the back with a gazebo and picnic table where we had our lunch on two of the days there.
A good base location to explore the National Park, and very near the Luray Caverns.
It’s not the Rirz, but it’s clean, comfortable, quiet and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2020