4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$165
Hotels.comUS$165
TravelocityUS$165
FindHotelUS$165
PricelineUS$165
Trip.comUS$180
1,209 results
All reviews historic hotel speakeasy restaurant front porch blue ridge suite the cottages pool and hot tub king bed small town sitting area rocking chairs shenandoah national park circa lobby brunch fireplace basement era
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We spent two nights at the Mimslyn for a murder mystery weekend. I love old, historic hotels so I was happy with this place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, food was tasty with a nice variety and our room met our needs. Had late night drinks in the Speakeasy Bar. Cozy. Easy walk to quaint, downtown Luray and a quick drive to Luray Caverns. We will be back!

1  Thank Satchmoocat
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We had a confirmation number after booking online and were excited to spend our anniversary here. About 5 minutes after we book we got a call saying they gave our room away to someone who walked in and that there were no other rooms available. We were unable to find any rooms anywhere else in the area. We had planned on spending quite a bit including spa services but will never even try to stay again.

1  Thank Samtoast
Jimsims, General Manager at The Mimslyn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Thank you for letting us know about your dissatisfaction.

I apologize for any inconvenience this mishap caused.

In checking our system you made the reservation the same day of arrival and within 5 minutes we called to let you know we did not have a room. The double booking occurred within 5 minutes of your booking the reservation. The fact is no one walked in and check in to the hotel that day as we were sold out for a Murder Mystery weekend. No one gave your room away I assure you.

The staff and I try really hard to make sure these type of mistakes do not happen. I am truly sorry you are upset with the reservation process. With many third party site booking rooms via the internet, theses mistakes do occur. I do not blame computers as it takes people to input the information. I will review our procedures so can put safeguards in place to prevent other doubling bookings.

I do hope you reconsider and give us a second chance.

Reviewed 21 January 2020

Not a bad place but the geuest room I stayed in needed new paint, bathroom caulking and air freshners. It was just old and not represented by the photos in the brochure. Any Hampton Inn would be a better choice.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I apologize for the condition you found the room upon check in. I do have my desk in the lobby in hopes of meeting every guest so that any problem or suggestion can be considered while the guest in checked in. I want every guest to be 100% satisfied. I would have been more that happy to move you to another room and or correct any problem while you were here.

I have discussed your comments with our staff and we are in the process of inspecting every room to make sure our painting and maintenance is up to date.

During the winter month we take every room apart, paint and refresh from top to bottom. I am sorry you room must have been released before our annual maintenance had been completed.

I work hard with our staff to make sure every room is ready for the next guest and I assure you we will be inspecting every room before another guest checks in.

Thank you .

Reviewed 31 December 2019

Beautiful one of a kind building. Historical restored. Good food and friendly staff. Correctly price food. Nice atmosphere to lounge around. Lower lower pub,bar, Nice easy place to visit for any amount of time.

Date of stay: August 2019

Greetings,

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2019

What a sweet inn. Hints of bygone days with that beautiful veranda outside and the sweeping grand staircase inside. We had supper in the downstairs grill and listened to a great jazz duo. Certainly was a great find!

Room tip: The rooms are small, as most historic hotel rooms are. But worth it.
Date of stay: October 2019