Lowest prices for your stay
US$214
US$193
Priceline
US$214
Hotels.comUS$193
TravelocityUS$193
Lol.travelUS$243
All reviews lovely hotel oliver room comfortable bed full kitchen sitting area chose hotel small kitchen blackout curtains the hotel manager first floor living room common areas skyline drive main st great place to stay nice stay mimslyn inn
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2022

We stayed there a few weeks ago, and absolutely loved the hotel. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. The
town was lovely as well. Management was very helpful and personable. We will definitely recommend and will come back.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 13 May 2022

Upon arrival of our stay (4/28-5/1) we were the first of a wedding party to arrive to Hotel Laurance. We quickly learned that there was no staff on site and we should had received a text with a code to get into the room we booked months prior. I could not get anyone on the phone or emergency line as we had never received a code from the Hotel so the bride contacted the manager and was told she was on her way to the hotel to help us out as they had "lost our reservation" (this included the record of our deposit we had previously paid).

I spent an hour in the hotel lobby as I watched the manager struggle to figure out how to adjust the room rates as the prices of the hotel had gone up since we initially booked. She acknowledged she was aware something had happen to our reservation which was the first red flag, you would think she would of reached out to the bride in advance asking who had booked the room so we wouldn't had to wait around and deal with this the first day of the wedding weekend.

I'm aware we're all human and accidents happen so I patiently sat quiet while she/ the manager could not figure out the system. She then charged me over $1,000 for our $600 stay with out my permission, only telling me after the fact that the only way she could take honor the old prices we had booked for months prior was to charge me the new amount and refund me the $400 + difference.

This confused me so I asked for a print out of record with the refund and remained polite, because I didn't want to start the weekend off on a bad note. A few weeks go by and I log onto my account and notice that the $1,000 + charge is still on my credit card and there were no refunds ever issued back to the card.
I reached out to Hotel Laurance via email and voicemail. After being made aware of the situation, The manager has yet to call me on phone (only responds to SOME of my emails).

I asked her to call me multiply times as I feel I'm at least owed that respect, but she ahs yet to do so. She just claims that the refund was issued, but my Chase bank would disagree.

Anyways, moral of the story is very unprofessional experience.
I know another wedding guest has tried getting a hold of the manager leaving voicemails about how they had no hot water the entire time of their stay and has yet to hear back form them.

We too had no hot water the entire time (room 7) but were not bothered by that.
Cute hotel, great price but VERY UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank SydneyF137
Hotel Laurance, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Laurance, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Sydney, we at Hotel Laurance are disappointed that you were not happy with your experience and chose to write a review with so many inaccurate statements and claims. The staff strives to make each guest's stay at Hotel Laurance a premium experience.

Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Jordan room which was lovely. Very spacious accommodations The kitchen was great to have for breakfast and coffee! . The room was decorated beautiful and was very clean.
The staff was very helpful with all of our needs

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Laurance, Other at Hotel Laurance, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2021

Hi Julianne,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us such a positive feedback. The Jordan is our largest Suite in the Hotel with every accommodation and beautiful decor. We enjoyed having you and your husband as our guests and look forward to you visiting Beautiful Virginia again in the near future.

Staff at Hotel Laurance

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel inside, but we basically stayed away from common areas. Nice helpful staff. Nice bed but uneven floor throughout since it’s an updated but older hotel. Uncomfortable sitting area furniture by tv. Not much in town but great location to see Luray Cavern. Did find great Indian Food and good burger and fresh salad at Ollie Cat Cafe.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 8 September 2021

We were in Luray to visit the caverns and cruise Skyline Drive which were both very nice. The city of Luray is a little bit past its prime....but that does not apply to the Hotel Laurance. It is an absolutely beautiful restoration of a building dating back to the civil war. Everything in the room was perfect. The staff was warm and welcoming. Just a beautiful small hotel. Only possible negative is that there is no food service but there is a small kitchen with a fridge which can be utilized by guests. A great place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2021