“Lots of fish and great service”
Review of Talon Lodge & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Talon Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Sitka
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I have traveled a lot and don't believe I've stayed at a place that tried as hard to make my stay enjoyable. Especially after a long day of fishing. The fishing, by the way, was world class.
Salmon and halibut mostly and probably more than I wanted to take home. Ship it if you don't want to carry the fish on the plane. Captains and mates were knowledgeable and on top of their game. Only fish we lost was one to a sea lion. Saw whales everyday out. Eagles too.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave12Westside

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Talon Lodge & Spa is phenomenal! The lodge is located on Apple Island, just a short boat ride from Sitka, nestled into the lush foliage facing the pristine beauty of Sitka Sound. Eagles soar, dive, perch, feed, and ride thermals right outside your window (better than T.V.). The service is top notch and the staff are warm and genuinely care to provide you with the best experience possible. The owners are attentive to their guests' requests and feedback.
The massage pavilion has the same spectacular view, as you receive a tailored massage with a heated blanket beneath and a heater above. The cabins, rooms, and beds are so comfortable, exactly what you want and need after giving your all to catch your limits.
Don't worry about bringing your own gear, Talon will provide, and the staff are very good about communicating what you need, what to do and when, etc. (they really take care of you).
The food is stellar, with two staff chefs and a visiting chef (the surf n turf was my favorite).
The Beach Bar is fun, with plenty of heaters, comfy couches, a outdoor deck, and a pool table. There is also a hot tub off to the side of the cabins with beautiful views.
There are many lodges to choose from, but Talon Lodge and Spa gives you an unforgettable experience of rugged wilderness, sport fishing, optional excursions, peace and quiet (private island), fine dining, wine pairings, and luxurious amenities.
Book your reservation now! You'll be happy you did.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2015

This was an amazing trip! The Talon Lodge staff provided us with a world-class experience over the 4 days we were there.. The lodge and grounds were pure Alaska. Every meal was well planned, dinners were a special treat. Not being an experienced fisherman, the Talon Lodge staff made the experience very enjoyable. Brought back salmon and halibut that lasted for several months.

I went with my brothers and other family members. This was a trip that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

Thank you Talon Lodge for an amazing trip and wonderful experience!

Don't forget your camera.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2014

June was my 7th or 8th year at Talon. Brought one of my sons. Next year I have to take both. Food and accommodations are excellent. The fishing is world class. What better recommendation can I make than going again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bradbarr123
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Booked in October 2013, went in June 2014, and hit it right with the salmon limits increased from 1 to 2 fish per day! Took my cousin and best friend and we easily limited out on 6 salmon apiece (our stay was 3 days). My second time here and their first. The accommodations are indeed first class as is the food and drink. Extremely attentive and friendly staff starting at the top with Phil and Gwen. Spectacular bar overlooking the inlet with bald eagles and whales spouting all around us. But cannot say enough about the fishing. That is why you come, right? Knowledgeable boat captains and first mates who know exactly where to go. We limited out on cod so fast (25 fish for the 5 of us in 15 minutes or less). Truly fishing in a barrel! So much fun. We caught so many huge lingcod including some around 4 feet long that I lost count. On day 2 we hooked onto the 'queen of the ocean', a halibut that our captain estimated to be between 200 to 300 lbs. Was all I could do to just hang onto the rod. It eventually came off before we got it to the boat. Never had a fish kick my butt before, but this one did! What a memory!

Anyway, my cousin and I have already booked our trip for June 2015. She told her daughter and boyfriend and got them so excited they will also be joining us. My best friend said it was the greatest 3 days of fishing in his life, and is working on bringing his son next year. Hope what I wrote gets you excited. You only go around once in life. Treat yourself to the best there is - Talon Lodge!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family