Free cancellation until 28/07
US$224
US$217
Hotels.com
Super 8 by Wyndham Sitka(Sitka)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$179
US$200
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate islandsalmonoutdoor barover the topsea ottersfood and wineexceed our expectationsbeyond beliefrock fishbefore dinnerpastry chefhis girlfriendbucket listentire familysitka harborthe entire staffan amazing experience
Reviewed 16 August 2015

My husband and I had a marvelous stay at Talon Lodge the end of May. Phil and Gwen are wonderful hosts whose attention to every detail is evident and appreciated. The lodge is located on a private island just off Sitka, Alaska which lends itself to wonderful sunset views and a feeling of tranquility. The staff multi task to make your stay special in every way. The outside bar is a welcoming venue to gather with the rest of the lodge guests after a day of fishing. The chefs always prepare gourmet breakfasts and dinners and pack tasty lunches for our day on the boat. The boats and gear are top notch and our captain and deck hand did a fantastic job of putting us where the fish were and then coaching us on how to land the fish. As a novice fisherperson, I was thrilled to catch a 39 pound king salmon! At the end of the trip, my husband and I were happy to return home with 100 pounds of salmon and halibut which we continue to enjoy and remember our great fishing adventure in Alaska. We give high praise to the Talon Lodge....an experience extraordinaire.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Everthing about this lodge is exeptional. The quarters were great, service five star, and wonderful food. However, the best part of the entire stay was the fishing. Truly amazing. Talon Lodge did a great job in hiring the best captains. I had never fished in Alaska but the captains did everything to teach me the proper way to bring in the big fish. I felt very capable with their assistance. I just can't saw enough about this beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I have traveled a lot and don't believe I've stayed at a place that tried as hard to make my stay enjoyable. Especially after a long day of fishing. The fishing, by the way, was world class.
Salmon and halibut mostly and probably more than I wanted to take home. Ship it if you don't want to carry the fish on the plane. Captains and mates were knowledgeable and on top of their game. Only fish we lost was one to a sea lion. Saw whales everyday out. Eagles too.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave12Westside
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Talon Lodge & Spa is phenomenal! The lodge is located on Apple Island, just a short boat ride from Sitka, nestled into the lush foliage facing the pristine beauty of Sitka Sound. Eagles soar, dive, perch, feed, and ride thermals right outside your window (better than T.V.). The service is top notch and the staff are warm and genuinely care to provide you with the best experience possible. The owners are attentive to their guests' requests and feedback.
The massage pavilion has the same spectacular view, as you receive a tailored massage with a heated blanket beneath and a heater above. The cabins, rooms, and beds are so comfortable, exactly what you want and need after giving your all to catch your limits.
Don't worry about bringing your own gear, Talon will provide, and the staff are very good about communicating what you need, what to do and when, etc. (they really take care of you).
The food is stellar, with two staff chefs and a visiting chef (the surf n turf was my favorite).
The Beach Bar is fun, with plenty of heaters, comfy couches, a outdoor deck, and a pool table. There is also a hot tub off to the side of the cabins with beautiful views.
There are many lodges to choose from, but Talon Lodge and Spa gives you an unforgettable experience of rugged wilderness, sport fishing, optional excursions, peace and quiet (private island), fine dining, wine pairings, and luxurious amenities.
Book your reservation now! You'll be happy you did.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2015

This was an amazing trip! The Talon Lodge staff provided us with a world-class experience over the 4 days we were there.. The lodge and grounds were pure Alaska. Every meal was well planned, dinners were a special treat. Not being an experienced fisherman, the Talon Lodge staff made the experience very enjoyable. Brought back salmon and halibut that lasted for several months.

I went with my brothers and other family members. This was a trip that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

Thank you Talon Lodge for an amazing trip and wonderful experience!

Don't forget your camera.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family