US$224
US$217
US$245
US$238
Hotels.com
Super 8 by Wyndham Sitka(Sitka)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$195
Book now, pay at stay
US$200
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate islandsalmonoutdoor barover the topsea ottersfood and wineexceed our expectationsbeyond beliefrock fishbefore dinnerpastry chefhis girlfriendbucket listentire familysitka harborthe entire staffan amazing experience
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We've been to Talon 4 times now and every time it's been Amazing. The fishing was fantastic our Niece caught a 38lb King and our entire family (21 of us) came back with 850 lbs. Our youngest son proposed to his girlfriend by having a reel in the proposal. Phil and Gwen are the most gracious host and the entire Talon crew. If you want a wonderful fishing experience and food that is out of this world this is the place to visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Talon Lodge is it's own island off the city of Sitka, AK. Our stay was lovey, the food and wine divine, and hosts Gwen and Phil gracious & accommodating. We fish a lot in Alaska and have grown spoiled to catching 20lb+ Kings. While we hooked on many kings, none came close to our goal of min 20lb. This is NO refection of the lodge or captains, perhaps just the area? We did not have hot water the first few nights so showers were brief. We should have spoke up sooner but we thought it was bc the island is on it's own reclaimed water source (which we were reminded of several times). We did catch plenty of wonderful eating fish like: snapper, cod & halibut. No complaints there. The staff was AMAZING and kind; the rooms were very cozy. I would give it a 5 if it wasn't for the lack of hot water and big kings. GREAT RESORT-GREAT PEOPLE-TALENTED CHEFS-GREAT CAPTAINS AND CREW-BEAUTIFUL VIEWS!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
TalonLodge, Owner at Talon Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

TalonLodge, Owner at Talon Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, Jun 24, 2017
Nikki:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had a great stay and it was a pleasure hosting you and Bruce. Sorry about the shower and glad that we were able to get this taken care of while you were here.

Captain Travis has continued to be on the hunt for bigger Kings ever since your trip and your catch and release of 17 Kings. He's brought in a number of 25+lb Kings over the past week. Today he brought in a 38lb King and the first words out of his mouth, on the Dock, were: "How come Bruce & Nikki aren't here today!" Looks like the healthier fish are migrating in - finally.

I'll send you a photo to your e-mail address. The photo is also posted on our facebook page: Talon Lodge and Spa - Alaska's Luxury Private Island Resort

Let us know how your trip to Waterfall goes. All the best to you and we look forward to a return visit.

Phil Younger

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I have had the fortune to stay at the Talon Lodge on 3 different occasions - all with great memories. The dining experience is absolutely fabulous and great care is taken to "get it right". No corners are cut when it comes to eating.

Lodging is good - no surprises. Most of the time you are sharing a room with someone from your group.

Fishing is fishing. Guides communicate well and if there are fish to be caught - they will put you on them. Our last trip to Sitka - the fishing was not the best. Don't know if this is a trend or not - but previous 2 times it was fantastic.

Hotel staff are courteous and are willing to help you out with anything.

Obviously bring your camera.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Saw more eagles close up than I have ever seen here before on a beautiful little island just outside Sitka harbor. All set against a beautiful backdrop of water and trees lit by 19 hours of Alaskan sunlight. The Lodge is very well maintained as is everything here at Talon. Fantastic staff, great food and a wonderful “vibe”. Oh and did I forget to mention world class fishing. You can do different, but you can’t do better than this!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good and there is no noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bradbarr00
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

A large group of us visited Talon Lodge beginning of June. I cannot speak highly enough of the service and location. Phil and Gwen were very welcoming, entertaining and engaged with their guests. It didn't stop with them; the staff (Jessica, Teryn, Laney (sp?), all kitchen staff and anyone I am forgetting (sorry) are so attentive and friendly noticing when plates were empty, drinks needing refills. We never had to ask for anything The massage therapists, Callie and Ashley (sp?) were so good at their job. Everyone enjoyed their time with them. All the staff went above what I have ever experienced. It was probably the best I have experienced and I have stayed at some very nice places. The food? Fabulous. Chef was amazing!!! Our evening meals were always very very good. On to the fishing...what an experience. The crew were patient with us non fishers and clearly instructed us to the handling of bringing in the fish. Shout out to Cole, Gavin, Brooks and Eric. I know others in our group enjoyed their captains and deck hands. Snacks, lunch and drinks on the boats were much appreciated. Our rooms were simple but oh so very comfortable. I was a bit unsure about going (not a big water person), but I can definitely say they won me over. So much so that I didn't want to leave, or at least would like to return. What a positive, fun, exhilarating time!!! Phil, Gwen and all their staff work hard yet remain fun and engaged with their guests. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend a visit to Talon Lodge. We received our shipment of fish yesterday and can't wait to cook up. May take a while...there is a lot. Thank you to all at Talon Lodge.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends