“Great food and drink”

Nathan Bill's Bar&Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 355 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 16 June 2017

The prime rib is good. So is the corned beef, the fish and chips, and the wings. Most of the bartenders are good. Casey is excellent! Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I have eaten many times in the restaurant and I just tried the outside eating area. Home run! Great to have a local place where we can eat outside in the cool spring/summer and get a good meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I had a long drive back from Central PA and knew about Nathan Bill's from a previous brief visit a year ago. Seemed like a chance to try it for real.

My go to dish in "Irish Pubs" (I have Irish citizenship...) is the fish & chips. Three huge pieces of haddock on top of a mound of fries came out, very hot. Their beer batter is mediocre, giving the fish a somewhat bitter taste. The fish were cooked about two minutes too long, kind of dry. The chips were nothing special and what little cole slaw was there was just OK.

I couldn't finish the meal, only about half. My chickens at home ate the rest.

The Men's room was absolutely filthy, TP on the floor, no soap to wash my hands.

The bartender, a female, spent most of her time on her cellphone, texting back and forth to someone. I hate restaurants that allow employees to do this. I had to wait quite a long time to get her attention to get my check.

Maybe if I was a bar fly and just liked to sit with my friends and pound down brews I'd rate this better. I'm not. Not much Irish about this place. No need to return.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We went for dinner so see off departing relatives visiting us. There was a painting class going on in the middle of the establishment. Really.

Great beer selection, very enjoyable French Onion soup. Chicken Caprese Panini was of bland food service cafeteria quality. Fries and onion rings were heavy and forgettable. Nachos acceptable. Staff was stressed but friendly.

The pub is surprisingly busy, considering what they have to offer. Most likely due to little close by competition.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We recently had a luncheon here after a family function. Everyone loved our 3 choices of entrees and coffee was available as soon as we arrived, not just after dessert. The music we had requested was playing in the background and the 2 employees of NB were courteous and on the ball when something was needed. We would definitely use this room again and recommend it to everyone planning something special. The arrangements were easy to make and ideas were presented when asked.