“Really, Max's is a solid 4 1/2”
Review of Max's Tavern

Max's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Hartford's premier restaurant group has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts at the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Basketball Hall of Fame, Max's Tavern promises to deliver the same dining experience that our Connecticut customers have come to know and expect. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Max's Tavern innovative menu will feature contemporary American cuisine including some of Max's favorite "Chop House" classics. Max is the exclusive caterer for all Hall of Fame special events. Host your next function on Center Court, Jam Session, the Mass Mutual Room or in the private dining room of Max's Tavern. So whether you are a sports fanatic or a dining enthusiast, complete your next tour of the Hall of Fame with a trip to Max's Tavern.
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We each had dined here years ago on business, and were in for Sunday lunch today, meeting an old friend we hadn't seen in 25 years. Max's made a great location and lunch experience for such a festive occasion.

Noon reservations were promptly honored. Service was friendly and knowledgeable.

Our order was quite simple. No special beverages other than water and iced tea, but Max's is proud of their Sunday Bloody Mary bar, and their overall bar ambiance is excellent - almost slick. Two of us had a "smoked chicken griddle"; none of us had heard of that before, but it was excellent. I had the Wedge Salad with Hanger Steak. The meat was flavorful and cooked perfectly, and the wedge was delicious and perfectly dressed.

Highly recommended; we'll definitely be back.

John T, General Manager at Max's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

I appreciate the complimentary review, thank you. I also appreciate you and your guests and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

My husband and I chose Max's because if the reviews and they were right! Great atmosphere, wonderful waitstaff and really excellent steaks (slighty too salty, but still delicious). I had a side of Grafton Smoked Cheese Grits (which they were kind enough to substitute as I LOVE grits) and my husband chose the Mac and Cheese which he said was sinfully good. They had a nice choice of wines and cocktails - I tried a Moscow Mule for the first time and loved it! We also asked for a quiet table and they did their best to put us in a relatively quiet part of the restaurant. It's very busy and popular but there is a reason why!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We go here occasionally for drinks after work . Great spot to hang out for a few..upscale clientele. The food is always top notch.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I really like Max Tavern and have had many great dinners here . They can have off nights however 9 out of 10 times will be excellent choice. Shrimp Tempura app should be on menu all times and steaks here are best in area . Seafood towers have been hit or miss with substitution depending on business and demand .

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Very good service and food. We do not live nearby, but on visits we find Max's our go to place. We find new gems each visit. The chopped salad is delicious, as is the onion soup.
I found the meatloaf a bit dry, but everything else we have tried was perfect, including the bananas foster dessert. It is delicious and so big. Something to share.

Thank you for taking the time to give your critic and praise, I am happy you will be returning again to enjoy another great meal.