“ok food and service”

Peacock Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had been having a craving for Chinese food for a while. My co workers suggested going to peacock Chinese. They claimed it was the best. So I went there for lunch the other day. My first appearance was ok I guess. I mean it is a Chinese restaurant. I didn't feel as if it were clean. it actually looked a bit dirty. The food was already prepare before I got there. I think it took them 5 min after I ordered. The food tasted ok but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there again. I mean I want a clean environment and freshly cooked food. I don't feel I got that there.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We dine here weekly for a bit over 2 years now. We have had only one issue w this establishment, their full-time waiter. He is so rude , inconsiderate, and down right nasty. The female servers are wonderful, kind, and efficient. Him, he's not only rude and nasty, he is slow as a snail. We are a party of 2 and our TIP is in the $22.00 range, 30% of our bill, and you would think after seeing us weekly for over 2 years spending a decent amount of money, along with our very generous tip of 30% he would lighten up a bit. be a bit more nice, no way , not this guy. There is the rare occasion he is friendly, but it is few and far between. We have said if it keeps up with him and his attitude we aren't going to return, eventhough we love the food and the female wait staff , his being the always constant full timer it's making us not want to go back. Well last week topped it. We arrived at 9:04 pm ( this was the time on THEIR clock ) They close at 10:00 pm. So we had almost an hour before closing, and he approached us yelling "I leave at 10 so you better hurry up" - The owner very nicely greeted us, she sat us, so obviously she didn't have a problem with our 9:04 pm arrival,, but he had a problem with it for sure. So I said we were prepared to order immediately and we would gladly be out before 10. He's taking our order and everything we ordered , hot tea, won ton soup, chicken fingers, and 2 meal combo's,, he kept saying after EACH item, "Im leaving at 10 so I don't know if you can have that" ,, so to ensure THEIR clock was correct , as it is now 9:08, I checked my cell , and yes it was 9:08 ,, so I said "ok Sir, we will go someplace else to eat , it's ok , thank you" , so he walked away quickly , we were gathering our coats to leave and he comes to the table with our hot tea. So I was now feeling odd, like do we go or stay??, so we opted to stay. I asked if we were able to get the food items we'd ordered , and he didn't answer, so now we are feeling more odd, laughing a bit, as we were so stumped, so now comes our soup and chicken fingers. Slammed onto our table... I knew we should have left !! In the meantime,,, 3 more parties arrived, got sat by the owner, and he was LIVID ,, and 2 take out ordering folks came in as well. We quickly ate our soup, and had ALL other food items wrapped to go.. We left at 9:40. As we were in the parking lot talking afterwards at 10 on the dot he stormed out, got into his car, and screeched his tires to the extreme about 10 feet from us. He is just such a bitter person... We wont be returning. Its such a shame too, their food is awesome, all their other staff is awesome,,, its HIM that ruins a nice experience at a small quaint restaurant.

2  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Paecock does the American version of their dishes. All of the meat and veggie dishes are drownding in sauces so you cannot discern the taste of veggies or seafood from meat. All you taste is the overwhelming sauces

1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 26 December 2008

They have the best beef teriyaki around...

2  Thank onedcl