“Hilarious & delicious”

Ranked #158 of 364 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

We showed up at 9:30 pm on a weeknight and were warmly welcomed into the empty room. Our waiter was less thrilled at our arrival. "I can't believe they let you in," he said. "I'm leaving at 10." Somehow, his unfiltered honesty only added to the experience. We ordered like the wind, barely glancing at the menu. The food was fantastic - especially the vegetable fried rice. I asked if they had Chinese beer. "I guess," the waiter replied with a shrug. We could not stop laughing, or eating. We were out the door by 10. People get worked up and indignant about "rudeness." I understand, but if you're in the right mood, with the right friends, and the food is great, why not relax? The waiter was honest, minced no words, and offered no false cheer. I recall him fondly, and hope to see him next time. Perhaps slightly earlier.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We ordered take-out this past weekend at Peacock, and were pleasantly surprised at the quantity, quality and taste of their PU PU platter. We also order Pork Egg Fu Young, which was good too. I will go back if I happen to be in the area.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

This was absolutely the worst Chineese food we have ever ordered. To say it rated a '1' is too high a rating. Honestly , $48 completely wasted.

1  Thank Duke1959
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We had a lunch on a weekday recently. The restaurant was only about 10% full at 1pm. Service was good, and accurate, but none of the staff appeared to be happy to be there. The food is average to good and the value is very good for the price paid. We had not been to this restaurant for about 10 years because of the past experience that the staff was not really rude, but particularly pleasant, either. A few smiles would go a long way for this business. One of the reasons folks go out to eat is for a pleasant experience. This restaurant lacks ambience also. Some pictures or decorations on the wall, maybe even a complete interior redo, would help.

1  Thank coastsignal
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I'd enjoy the food here far more if the soups and entrees weren't drowning in various forms of sodium. The quality of the food is better than some other local Chinese restaurants, but the salt level is so over the top! I'd give 4 stars for the food itself, but 1 stars for how we feel about the over-salting. We like their brown-sauced foods better than the white-sauced foods. We usually get food here as take-out, but that choice isn't available on tripadvisor.

1  Thank DeerTicks