“No good anymore.”

Peacock Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Been going here for years but I think this will be the last visit. The food last night was terrible. Obviously old and reheated. There was also some black specks mixed in that resembled mouse droppings but we don't really know for sure obviously. Let's just say we couldn't eat the food and we won't be returning. They've been going steadily downhill for the last year or so anyway. They also tried to charge extra for hot mustard.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

This is the only Chinese eatery I go to.I have tried many more but none holds a candle to Peacock.I enjoy take out as much as I like eating in their restaurant-either way the service is excellent and polite.I have yet to have anyone make a mistake with an order.The portions are large,served-hot all in a timely manner.Take out is well packaged.Simply the best as far as I am c concerned.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

We picked up a $160 order this past weekend for a party. There was a large foreign object inside one of the dumplings. We brought it back to show them and they totally refused to accept any responsibility for it. We weren't looking for a refund, but after being a loyal customer for well over 25+ years and spending thousands of dollars, being accused of lying is totally unacceptable. The Honorable thing to do was to apologize and try to make it right somehow. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH. They are not honest.

2  Thank Maria O
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

We showed up at 9:30 pm on a weeknight and were warmly welcomed into the empty room. Our waiter was less thrilled at our arrival. "I can't believe they let you in," he said. "I'm leaving at 10." Somehow, his unfiltered honesty only added to the experience. We ordered like the wind, barely glancing at the menu. The food was fantastic - especially the vegetable fried rice. I asked if they had Chinese beer. "I guess," the waiter replied with a shrug. We could not stop laughing, or eating. We were out the door by 10. People get worked up and indignant about "rudeness." I understand, but if you're in the right mood, with the right friends, and the food is great, why not relax? The waiter was honest, minced no words, and offered no false cheer. I recall him fondly, and hope to see him next time. Perhaps slightly earlier.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We ordered take-out this past weekend at Peacock, and were pleasantly surprised at the quantity, quality and taste of their PU PU platter. We also order Pork Egg Fu Young, which was good too. I will go back if I happen to be in the area.