“A Great Weekend away!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We have never been less than 100% satisfied with this location. Everything is perfect every time. Each time we stay we become more familiar with the location and the surroundings. We also become more knowledgable with where to eat and where to shop.

It's a great hotel with a terrific location and professional, accommodating staff.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you John. We love hearing from repeat guests and appreciate that you took the time to let us and others know about your experiences at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

My bowling team went up for the Annual tournament in Scranton and we decided to stay at this hotel. We check in with out an issue at all and the front desk put us as close to each other as they could. The room was nice it was clean at first look when we where packing up we found a sock that was not ours. Bathroom was little tight and the shower head was HORRIBLE. We enjoyed the indoor pool and the hot tub was nice. The breakfast was OK. One of the toasters was not working and the eggs and sausage tasted like they where of the frozen variety. Waffles where good and the coffee was excellent. So in all the hotel is nice and we would stay there again next year when we go back but next time I think we will go out for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2016

Dear Sean,
We always appreciate hearing from our guests and will certainly use your feedback to make improvements to our facility and staff service. We hope you enjoyed your tournament and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Have stay in this hotel multiple times and Kelsey was wonderful at the front desk and very nice and helpful .The hotel is right off the interstate but quite and very close to the airport.The rooms are very clean and has a restaurant in walking distance.They have a walking trail

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Thank you Mike for time to let us know about your stays at our hotel. We always enjoy hearing from our regular guests and I'm sure Kelsey will appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

For the past 3 years, a group of about 20 women have stayed here for a weekend tournament. The rooms are clean & comfortable. All of the staff is very accommodating. This is close to the outlet malls, casino, hiking or skiing. We will continue to stay here since now it's like coming home.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our staff and facilities. To say that it's like coming home is the best compliment that you could have given us. We certainly look forward to your next tournament and hope that there are plenty of strikes and spares in your future.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Checked into this hotel about 1:00 a.m. Clearly, the night clerk was not used to actually working at night as she was not very pleasant and seemed bothered by our presence.

She advised that there was some "computer problems" and she could not enter my information into the computer. She said she needed to photocopy my credit card, license, and AAA card. Honestly, I was too tired to fight with her at that point as we had been driving most of the day.

I went to check out the next morning and the same clerk said she had "trouble running my card." I checked my American Express card on-line and it had 4 charges for the ONE ROOM on it. I tried to tell the clerk and the manager - Beverly Snyder - as did my husband and we were blown off. We were told the charges may be "pending" but wouldn't be "charged."

They did nothing to help and then said that they couldn't even print out a receipt - more computer problems. We FINALLY got Beverly to sign the back of her business card with our total room charges. I asked them to shred the copies of my credit card, license, and AAA card. I was told they "couldn't destroy them until after they were audited." What?

I checked my card two days later and - as I thought - there were 4 charges for our one room posted to my account! I tried calling the customer service number at Comfort Inn (corporate) and got a recording saying my call would be answered in the order it was received. This was 9:30 p.m. I was on hold 10 minutes. I gave up.

I then tried calling the hotel directly and finally got someone to answer after 3 calls. Bottom line, the clerk told me there wasn't anything she could do and I would need to call Am Ex and dispute the charges! Huh? I challenged that this should not be my problem and that now I was very concerned that they had copies of my license, AAA card and credit card.

The clerk said that since I was accusing them of using my cards to pay for other rooms, she was terminating the call. Unreal.

STAY AWAY! This hotel either doesn't care or is too incompetent to fix what they break. I am now contacting Am Ex to dispute the charges.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank chaperonemom
Michael V, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. I sincerely apologize for the trouble you incurred. Our system was down the night during your visit because of a system wide update for all Choice Hotel properties. We did not have access to our system to apply any payments and give receipts. I apologize for any inconveniences that this caused. I would like to thank you for bringing up the issues you had with the service from our staff. We will use the information you provided from your visit to improve our staff's training and our procedures for situations like this. We would like to help rectify the situation if you have not done so yet. I know you mentioned you have reached out to the hotel already, but if you contact either myself or our Sales Director Beverly, we will reach out to your bank to make sure you do not have any charges that should not be there. I hope you will decide to give us another chance and stay with us in the future. Once again I apologize for any issues you may have experienced and please contact us if there is anything we can do to alleviate your concerns.

Michael Van Ness