“An Enlightening Experience x 2”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is our second stay at this hotel in a month (We live in North Carolina). In June, my wife and I stayed here as members of a tour bus trip from Maine. After a 10 hour trip from Maine, it was a pleasure to be treated so well, not to mention how comfortable the hotel and the rooms were. A great restaurant located conveniently right off the rear of the building finished our night. When my wife and I planned a trip to NY this month, this hotel was the obvious spot to stop. Again, we were pleasantly greeted. The room was roomy, well appointed and extra clean. The lobby is a comfortable resting place, and has a "Grab 'n Go" area, good for late night cravings. The exterior of the hotel is attractive and inviting. All in all, an enlightening experience to encounter while traveling.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are away from traffic -very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hughes V

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it's approximately 1 mile from PNC Field.

Here we go with why if this was a movie, it would be directed to video.

I splurged and got the most expensive room which included a full size refrigerator, room 306.
On the way to the hotel, I purchased milk and other perishable items.

The refrigerator in room 306 was defective. The staff then moved us to room 129. There was only a dorm sized refrigerator there, and it worked only sporadically. Imagine the inconvenience of a family bringing all of their stuff to one room and then having to relocate! Thank God I had a cooler; I had to put my perishable items in the cooler with ice. I could have stayed at the Econo lodge on the other side of Interstate 81 if I wanted to do that!

The last day of my stay I found a roach crawling on the bathroom floor. I would have taken a picture except my phone was on the charger in the other room.

If you need a hotel near PNC Field, there is a Hampton Inn and 2 Marriott properties near by. I could have saved money and stayed at the aforementioned Econo Lodge.

There are business cards with the contact info for the general manager of the hotel.

I emailed the gm, Mr. Edwards, and I got no response. This general manager obviously doesn't care about his customers, so I'll try another location next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred S
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived late for an overnight stay and was checked in quickly and efficiently. It did seem outdated once you were past the first floor but for the price as long as a hotel is clean that doesn't bother me. However, our room was not vacuumed well, was dusty, musty smelling and I also immediately noticed the bathroom was dirty. The caulk along the shower was nasty, blood stains were on shower curtain and mold on EVERY seam of the shower walls. We were switched to a larger 2 bedroom suite. While it was much more bearable it was still not clean. Toothpaste splatter in one bathroom, dirty bathroom floors and mold in one of the showers. The pull out mattress still had sheets on it. We changed those ourselves and put towels down on the bathroom floors to walk on b.c it was nearly 11 p.m. Breakfast was far from par. Eggs were dry and hardened and the entire breakfast area was dirty. Out of 5 coffee containers I was able to get 1/2 cup. We left and went to Starbucks. My husband and I vowed we'd stick to Hilton stays after this experience. Just horrible!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mymomisthebomb
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed here for one night. Got to our room and pulled away the bed from the wall..the bed skirt was filthy with stains that were raised (not cleaned), hairs, dust and just gross. Rug not vacuumed properly, mirrors with multiple hand prints. Really not clean at all. I did go to the desk and told them of my displeasure in the cleanliness of the room. The desk clerk was accommodating and quickly gave us a new room that was an upgrade. New room had a cleaner bed for sure. However, noted that the sink and mirror had toothpaste spit on it.
Overall, the beds were comfortable and breakfast good. Staff were all nice, friendly and accommodating. However, rooms should be cleaner and also common halls very dirty and in need of a good vacuuming.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank perch59
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Recently visited overnight with a bus tour arriving at the hotel to find a clean facility with an extremely friendly staff. Rooms were large and again very clean. Location is easy on/off off interstate 81. Breakfast was fresh, good variety and plentiful. We travel through this area often on personal trips and will be using this hotel as our new stay over location!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends