“Probably won't return”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I choose this place due to the price as it was cheap and near my internship. The price I was given through Expedia was $147 and it stated a refrigerator & microwave were included. At check in, I was told it was $20 extra a day to get a room with a refrigerator. I declined and then was told I could pay for it for 2 nights and I would get the third free.. so I accepted as I already bought lunch food. The room was very outdated at the channels on the tube tv flickered. There was no continental breakfast which was also mentioned online. The only decent thing is the free wifi and the proximity to my internship. Upon checkout, my total was $207, a far cry from the $147 I was quoted from expedia. There was also a charge for the safe in the room, whether you use it or not. You could also hear police sirens at night

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We're very sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The rate that you received through Expedia did not include tax. Our tax is 13%. 6% State and 7% County tax. Also, if you felt there were discrepancies in your bill upon check out, we would have been more than happy to go over it with you and make any necessary corrections. Expedia advertises that we have refrigerators and microwaves available. We have three hospitals nearby, which accounts for the sirens. I have informed maintenance about the problems with the room and have asked them to make sure all rooms are in order, but if you had informed us during your stay, we may have been able to fix the problems then, or at the very least, changed your room. We do have a continental breakfast from 7am to 10am, which is located in an area off the main lobby. Again, I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to extend to you our usual hospitality.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The best thing I had was the access to the internet location and the parking space they have. Other than that, all was bad to me. Cleanliness of the room and the staff who came to clean my room were terrible. The swimming pool was also terrible. I can't recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mohammed A
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for commenting on your August stay with us. We deeply regret that your 7 days at our property was not more pleasant. We take pride in giving all our guests the best service possible. It would have helped us to make other future guests stays more enjoyable if we had gotten your review sooner. That way, we could have worked with our staff at that time and corrected all issues for future guests. We are pleased that you were able to make use of our internet service and we hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ugh...! This is a perfect example of people managing a facility who have poor quality standards. The rooms were quite dated, Bathtub riddled with cigarete burns, the shower head was a super water saver type, no dirt remavl with this. The morning breakfast consisted of yesterday's milk and OJ, being 1/3 filled @ openoing time 7:00A.M.

The morning staff was in the middle of a Hindu ceromony~9:00, I had to wait, received no answer for directions. This is not a place to be not alone stay...It's obvious the regional manager does not stop in for a visit.

Go on find anothe rplace for your happy head...mine has a headache from here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shooster365
DhanPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review of our property and for showing us your perspective. We try very hard to keep our property nice, while keeping our prices as low as possible, but it makes it very hard when inconsiderate guests damage our property. We will do our best to have the nicest property possible at the most reasonable price possible.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Make sure you have cash on you, because there is a $50 cash only security deposit required at check-in. Once we got to the room, we saw how sketchy and run down the back of the hotel looks like, the bath tub had mildew and was very dirty, there was a dead beetle body under my comforter, at breakfast, there were ants crawling around the pastries, and there was a couple having sex in the pool. Not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sth527
DhanPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I'm terribly sorry that you did not find your stay more pleasant. The conditions that you state are unacceptable and I have instructed our housekeeping and maintenance staff to go through all back rooms with a fine tooth comb. I trust that the next time you stay with us will be much more pleasant.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We booked this room at the last minute mainly because the it cost half as much as the other 2 hotels nearby (the Radisson and Hilton). Between the low prices and the negative reviews, we were definitely worried that it was not going to be a good experience, but we were most definitely wrong! From the outside it looked like it could go either way; neither fancy nor rundown, and the place felt pretty safe. The prices were excellent, the room was VERY clean (much cleaner than the other 2, more expensive rooms we've stayed in during our trip). The furnishing didn't look new but everything was well maintained and was more than adequate for our purposes. The staff was polite and helpful, and Wifi worked just fine. They were also flexible and let us have a late checkout at no cost. Use common sense and pick somewhere else if you are looking for a 4 star hotel with mints on the pillows, but if you are looking for a clean, safe, comfortable place to stay then I highly suggest the Red Carpet Inn!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave C
dharmacorp, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you very much for your kindly honest comments. Our main goal is to keep price for the hotel room rental affordable while providing a clean and comfortable place to spend a night. Our downtown location adds value for money if one prefer to stay closer to downtown life.