See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2014

On arrival at the motel, tired after travelling all day we took a quick glimpse at the room which was nearly in darkness. Decided to check in and took the cases to the room. Well when we found the plug sockets to turn the lights on. Oh my God!. The room had obviously not been hoovered this year and probably last year as well. I have never seen so much muck and dust in a room. The bathroom was ok apart from a few pubic hairs left around the floor area and the cigarette burns along the bath. The shower was hot but I didnt want to stay in it very long as there was a broken vent in the ceiling and it didnt look very nice. Plenty of towels provided but they were so small you needed them all to get dry. I had to take my plastic shoes into the bath area to keep my feet clean after showering. The beds had clean sheets on them but I still didnt feel comfortable sleeping on them. The room smelt of stale cigarettes and the curtains should have been replaced about 20 years ago. The whole building needs updating and a bloody good deep clean, or better still demolishing. My husband and I have been scratching ever since we left the place. It also appeared to be a shelter for the homeless. Some of the other guests had been there for some time. This motel resembled something that you would see in a horror movie. Even the locals laughed there heads off when we told them where we were staying and said not to associate this motel with the real Scranton. Only good point it is close to a couple of great bars.

Room Tip: there aren't any don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 889carol
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your frank review of our property. I'm terribly sorry that you didn't find your stay more pleasant. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping and maintenance staff to check all rooms thoroughly, since I don't know exactly which room you stayed in. As for the other guests staying here, we rent to anyone who wishes to stay here, unless they have caused problems here in the past. We do not discriminate. We always appreciate guest comments, so that we can see where improvements can be made. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I choose this place due to the price as it was cheap and near my internship. The price I was given through Expedia was $147 and it stated a refrigerator & microwave were included. At check in, I was told it was $20 extra a day to get a room with a refrigerator. I declined and then was told I could pay for it for 2 nights and I would get the third free.. so I accepted as I already bought lunch food. The room was very outdated at the channels on the tube tv flickered. There was no continental breakfast which was also mentioned online. The only decent thing is the free wifi and the proximity to my internship. Upon checkout, my total was $207, a far cry from the $147 I was quoted from expedia. There was also a charge for the safe in the room, whether you use it or not. You could also hear police sirens at night

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We're very sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The rate that you received through Expedia did not include tax. Our tax is 13%. 6% State and 7% County tax. Also, if you felt there were discrepancies in your bill upon check out, we would have been more than happy to go over it with you and make any necessary corrections. Expedia advertises that we have refrigerators and microwaves available. We have three hospitals nearby, which accounts for the sirens. I have informed maintenance about the problems with the room and have asked them to make sure all rooms are in order, but if you had informed us during your stay, we may have been able to fix the problems then, or at the very least, changed your room. We do have a continental breakfast from 7am to 10am, which is located in an area off the main lobby. Again, I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to extend to you our usual hospitality.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The best thing I had was the access to the internet location and the parking space they have. Other than that, all was bad to me. Cleanliness of the room and the staff who came to clean my room were terrible. The swimming pool was also terrible. I can't recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mohammed A
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for commenting on your August stay with us. We deeply regret that your 7 days at our property was not more pleasant. We take pride in giving all our guests the best service possible. It would have helped us to make other future guests stays more enjoyable if we had gotten your review sooner. That way, we could have worked with our staff at that time and corrected all issues for future guests. We are pleased that you were able to make use of our internet service and we hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ugh...! This is a perfect example of people managing a facility who have poor quality standards. The rooms were quite dated, Bathtub riddled with cigarete burns, the shower head was a super water saver type, no dirt remavl with this. The morning breakfast consisted of yesterday's milk and OJ, being 1/3 filled @ openoing time 7:00A.M.

The morning staff was in the middle of a Hindu ceromony~9:00, I had to wait, received no answer for directions. This is not a place to be not alone stay...It's obvious the regional manager does not stop in for a visit.

Go on find anothe rplace for your happy head...mine has a headache from here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shooster365
DhanPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review of our property and for showing us your perspective. We try very hard to keep our property nice, while keeping our prices as low as possible, but it makes it very hard when inconsiderate guests damage our property. We will do our best to have the nicest property possible at the most reasonable price possible.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Make sure you have cash on you, because there is a $50 cash only security deposit required at check-in. Once we got to the room, we saw how sketchy and run down the back of the hotel looks like, the bath tub had mildew and was very dirty, there was a dead beetle body under my comforter, at breakfast, there were ants crawling around the pastries, and there was a couple having sex in the pool. Not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ssilver617
DhanPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I'm terribly sorry that you did not find your stay more pleasant. The conditions that you state are unacceptable and I have instructed our housekeeping and maintenance staff to go through all back rooms with a fine tooth comb. I trust that the next time you stay with us will be much more pleasant.