Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton
US$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Comfort Suites(Scranton)
US$99
ComfortSuites
Fairfield Inn Scranton(Scranton)
US$89
US$99
US$89
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$108
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$65
Residence Inn Scranton(Scranton)
US$125
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$95
Priceline
US$67
SleepInn
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on august 2013 without previous reservation, fortunately they had vacancies. The room was big but not very clean. Our room was on the second flood but there was a lot of noise from the street.

The breakfast was very poor, no fresh products all was packed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dsastritu
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2015

Thank you for your recent review of our property and we apologize that your stay wasn't more pleasant. We're sorry that you didn't bring the cleanliness of your room to our attention while you were here. We would have been more than happy to make it right for you. As for the street noise, that's one of the drawbacks of being in the center of town. We try to have a nice continental breakfast, but we have a great fluctuation in our occupancy. so it limits our ability to have fresh products. They don't keep as well as packaged. We hope you will give us another try in the future if you come back to our area.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Service is a joke and hotel is dirty. A place to be avoided. I politely asked for a bath towel at the reception explaining that there was no towel in my room. The receptionist said that there are two bath towels in every bathroom. I said again that I have checked in mine and there was no towel. She pretended that I was trying to take a towel with me, because I had done my check in on the night before and I hadn’t communicated that there was no towels. In fact, I arrived tired at 6:30 pm, and when I was going to take a shower I realized that there were only two very small face towels in the washbasin. I took a quick shower and I used these two tiny towels.
After a few minutes requesting in several different ways for a bath towel, both women in the reception said that they couldn’t give me a towel before asking the maid about it. This is an absurd. For me, it was clear that this hotel doesn’t provide any training for its employees. They know nothing about customer services.
I could not believe, and told her to go to my room to check if there were towels in there. She replied saying that she doesn’t trust me. Finally, I got pissed off and told to her to check not only in my room, but in my bag and inside my car if I was carrying towels from the hotel. I showed her my passport and even told her that if she thinks I’m a robber she should call the police. After this unnecessary confusion, she gave me a towel and kept saying that the maid puts two towels in every bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank GustavoTourist
Ms_Maggee_May, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Thank you for your review of our property and I'm so sorry that our customer service was not as it should be. As you know, people do steal the towels, ashtrays. alarm clocks and irons, etc. from hotels and it seems that our front desk staff was a bit over zealous about protecting the hotel's property; however, that is no excuse for giving our guests the third degree when they have a request and I'm so sorry you were treated this way. I have asked the Front Desk Manager to work on Front Desk responses to guest requests so that this misunderstanding doesn't happen again. Thank you again for your review and I'm so sorry this happened and we hope that we'll have the opportunity to extent our hospitality to you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

I signed up for the Steamtown Marathon late, and the last hotel room available within walking distance to the busstop to the start of the marathon was a smoking room at the Red Carpet Inn. I called EVERYWHERE and begged, suites, anything??? Nope. Stressed about smoke, I brought Febreze, and asked them to open the windows. They said the windows don't open, but they did remember to crack the door and air it out for us before we arrived. There was no check in problem, no issues… but, it was just like the motels in scary movies. The handle fell off the shower, but nothing terrible to report. No one vacuums all too carefully, but the sheets were clean. I did bring my own pillow, because I am a runner and we are crazy. No, I would not return, however, they got me out of a pinch, and I am still thankful I got a room. Next year, I will book elsewhere, and earlier, but I qualified for Boston, so the hotel gets an extra star because it was part of the weekend.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any. Ours was street level.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a room at the last minute, however, nonsmoking rooms go very fast for the marathon, since most runners don't smoke. I'm sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your room and I have instructed housekeeping to pay closer attention to their vacuuming and I have asked maintenance to check all the handles on the showers. I'm very happy to hear that you qualified for the Boston Marathon and I hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

On arrival at the motel, tired after travelling all day we took a quick glimpse at the room which was nearly in darkness. Decided to check in and took the cases to the room. Well when we found the plug sockets to turn the lights on. Oh my God!. The room had obviously not been hoovered this year and probably last year as well. I have never seen so much muck and dust in a room. The bathroom was ok apart from a few pubic hairs left around the floor area and the cigarette burns along the bath. The shower was hot but I didnt want to stay in it very long as there was a broken vent in the ceiling and it didnt look very nice. Plenty of towels provided but they were so small you needed them all to get dry. I had to take my plastic shoes into the bath area to keep my feet clean after showering. The beds had clean sheets on them but I still didnt feel comfortable sleeping on them. The room smelt of stale cigarettes and the curtains should have been replaced about 20 years ago. The whole building needs updating and a bloody good deep clean, or better still demolishing. My husband and I have been scratching ever since we left the place. It also appeared to be a shelter for the homeless. Some of the other guests had been there for some time. This motel resembled something that you would see in a horror movie. Even the locals laughed there heads off when we told them where we were staying and said not to associate this motel with the real Scranton. Only good point it is close to a couple of great bars.

Room Tip: there aren't any don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 889carol
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your frank review of our property. I'm terribly sorry that you didn't find your stay more pleasant. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping and maintenance staff to check all rooms thoroughly, since I don't know exactly which room you stayed in. As for the other guests staying here, we rent to anyone who wishes to stay here, unless they have caused problems here in the past. We do not discriminate. We always appreciate guest comments, so that we can see where improvements can be made. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I choose this place due to the price as it was cheap and near my internship. The price I was given through Expedia was $147 and it stated a refrigerator & microwave were included. At check in, I was told it was $20 extra a day to get a room with a refrigerator. I declined and then was told I could pay for it for 2 nights and I would get the third free.. so I accepted as I already bought lunch food. The room was very outdated at the channels on the tube tv flickered. There was no continental breakfast which was also mentioned online. The only decent thing is the free wifi and the proximity to my internship. Upon checkout, my total was $207, a far cry from the $147 I was quoted from expedia. There was also a charge for the safe in the room, whether you use it or not. You could also hear police sirens at night

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We're very sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The rate that you received through Expedia did not include tax. Our tax is 13%. 6% State and 7% County tax. Also, if you felt there were discrepancies in your bill upon check out, we would have been more than happy to go over it with you and make any necessary corrections. Expedia advertises that we have refrigerators and microwaves available. We have three hospitals nearby, which accounts for the sirens. I have informed maintenance about the problems with the room and have asked them to make sure all rooms are in order, but if you had informed us during your stay, we may have been able to fix the problems then, or at the very least, changed your room. We do have a continental breakfast from 7am to 10am, which is located in an area off the main lobby. Again, I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to extend to you our usual hospitality.