“Excellent drinks and surprisingly great food”

P.J.'s Pub at the Hilton
Ranked #49 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Pub
Description: P.J.'s Pub at the Hilton is open nightly with drink specials and a "fun" bar menu featuring everything from burgers & wings to salads & wraps.
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We arrived around nine from a long days drive and wanted a little something before retiring. What we got was attentive service and great food and drink. We had the wasabi dusted tuna appetizer, a french onion soup, and a lobster mac bowl. Each one was prepared and presented flawlessly.
I don't drink a lot so I asked the bartender to suggest something and my companions will tell you that my face brightened significantly on first sip.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I was presently surprised to find this restaurant in a hotel. Unlike most hotel restaurants that I have been to. I found the prices of the food to be reasonable and delicious. It was about the same amount as Chili's but the burgers were much better. And there was a lot of food for the price. But what made it for us was our waiter. I think his name was Jimmy? But he was awesome and thanked us for our politeness. It felt really good to be recognized for having great manners.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Ate here on a Thursday evening. It wasn't crowded at all.

TVs were small so difficult to see the football games at most of the tables.

Service was average at best.

Prices were reasonable if you take into account this is a hotel restaurant.

Philly cheesesteak was nothing to write home about. Was disappointed with it. Fries were excellent thought.

Someone in our group had the lobster mac n cheese and loved it. French onion soup was good as was the ham, cabbage, and bean soup. Another person in our group thought the beet salad was delicious.

Not sure I'd come back here again mostly because there are many other choices within walking distance of the hotel. If this were the only choice for a place to eat, then it's not too bad a place to go.

1  Thank #1Cubsfan
Reviewed 26 August 2016

as far as hotel bar/ restaurant costs go, PJ's prices are quite reasonable. Might have more to do with local bar competition nearby but I found the environment fine. Great, attentive wait staff.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Staff are so friendly and food is amazing! Although there are many places to have a drink in the area, I highly recommend checking out P.J.'s. You will not be disappointed.