“Terrible Service”

P.J.'s Pub at the Hilton
Ranked #50 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: Pub
Description: P.J.'s Pub at the Hilton is open nightly with drink specials and a "fun" bar menu featuring everything from burgers & wings to salads & wraps.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We decided to stop in on Saturday around 12.30 PM for lunch. The pup was about half full. Everything about this pub started off great, especially the atmosphere, but, it went downhill after that. We started out ordering our drinks, I ordered a soft drink and my wife ordered a cup of hot tea. Well, I received my soft drink fairly quick, but, our waitress forgot about my wife’s hot tea with cream & sugar. So therefore, I tracked down another waitress, because ours was missing in action & she returned finally with a picture of hot water, but no cup. So then she brought the cup, then we realized she forgot the cream. After we placed our orders, it really seemed it took awhile before we finally got served. My wife ordered a house salad & I ordered a Grilled Chicken Caesar. When our lunch entrée’s arrived, they forgot the chicken on my Caesar Salad. At that time I said forget it, our whole lunch experience was ruined. We paid our bill & we both left the pub disappointed. We will not return.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We arrived around nine from a long days drive and wanted a little something before retiring. What we got was attentive service and great food and drink. We had the wasabi dusted tuna appetizer, a french onion soup, and a lobster mac bowl. Each one was prepared and presented flawlessly.
I don't drink a lot so I asked the bartender to suggest something and my companions will tell you that my face brightened significantly on first sip.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I was presently surprised to find this restaurant in a hotel. Unlike most hotel restaurants that I have been to. I found the prices of the food to be reasonable and delicious. It was about the same amount as Chili's but the burgers were much better. And there was a lot of food for the price. But what made it for us was our waiter. I think his name was Jimmy? But he was awesome and thanked us for our politeness. It felt really good to be recognized for having great manners.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Ate here on a Thursday evening. It wasn't crowded at all.

TVs were small so difficult to see the football games at most of the tables.

Service was average at best.

Prices were reasonable if you take into account this is a hotel restaurant.

Philly cheesesteak was nothing to write home about. Was disappointed with it. Fries were excellent thought.

Someone in our group had the lobster mac n cheese and loved it. French onion soup was good as was the ham, cabbage, and bean soup. Another person in our group thought the beet salad was delicious.

Not sure I'd come back here again mostly because there are many other choices within walking distance of the hotel. If this were the only choice for a place to eat, then it's not too bad a place to go.

1  Thank #1Cubsfan
Reviewed 26 August 2016

as far as hotel bar/ restaurant costs go, PJ's prices are quite reasonable. Might have more to do with local bar competition nearby but I found the environment fine. Great, attentive wait staff.